About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Grace period (V2 editor starting with no internet connection)
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Grace period (V2 editor starting with no internet connection)
I see your point Tottel. smile It's amazing that Greg has made all of this on his own. He must be a programming genius.
06-03-2013 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheElk Offline

(06-02-2013 06:29 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  @candam: That is not what TheElk is saying. To explain further, if you (candam) own your business and you are using ee to make games so you can sell it and make money from it so you can pay yourself and your team, wouldn't you be concerned if something "does" happen to Grzegorz, since that will likely mean that the engine will stop being supported, licensing will stop allowing users to work as licensed users, etc?

If you are familiar with "life insurance", it is exactly that. No one wants to talk about it, but it's a very important thing to have because when "something" does happen, that insurance is more or less the life-saver. In our case, we may not have any insurance. I'm not saying something "will" happen, I'm just saying that something could, and we're not prepared for that if it does.

However, I will say that Grzegorz have every right to protect his licensing with his users. I think the biggest challenge is being able to support that need without compromising the usability of the software and inhibiting legitimate users from having full functional access to what they are licensed to use.

Yes this is all I was trying to say.

Thank you
06-03-2013 12:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gwald Offline

Esenthel, thank you for the reply.

(06-02-2013 02:48 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  I think that at this age internet is very common, in PC's and even mobile (Tablets, Cell phones) even if on country side. You could purchase cheap internet plan for your cell phone, and make wi-fi hotspot it to your computer just to check the license.
I have this, the cheapest providers have the worst coverage.

Quote:I know it's not perfect, but I'm not aware of other/better piracy-proof solutions.

There's no such thing as piracy-proof software.
Your users are programmers/hackers and you have made v2 purposefully overly restrictive and the demo frustrating and unusable... you are encouraging the thing you are wanting to avoid.
06-03-2013 12:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
knocks Offline

Quote:There's no such thing as piracy-proof software.
Your users are programmers/hackers and you have made v2 purposefully overly restrictive and the demo frustrating and unusable... you are encouraging the thing you are wanting to avoid.

I agree, a pirate would probably break the DRM in under an hour should they wish.
Piracy will never go away, your time is better spent supporting you’re paying customers.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 12:55 AM by knocks.)
06-03-2013 12:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply