About Store Forum Documentation Contact

2.0 Request and a few Questions
Shatterstar Offline

2.0 Request and a few Questions
In 1.0, when you go to your model editor and you have a mesh/model inside the editor, there is a save button to decide which directory you want your game piece to go. In 2.0 there is no save button. Why? Is there a reason for this? I am requesting a save button. This is the only game engine that I know of that doesn't have a save button for meshes. I found another thing weird. If I made a material file in 1.0, and I want to drag and drop that material file into 2.0, it strangely does not let me. I am curious, why? I have over 100 game pieces easily that I wanted to bring into 2.0, but not being able to drag and drop my game piece into the 2.0 and everything showing correctly has made this a major problem. I want to use your 2.0 so bad, but I am a guy who has been around for a long time, and a long time user of 1.0. The transition for me has been difficult? Is there any way I can get some help or some answers? Thank You. smile

1.) How do I save a game object in a file directory of my own?
2.) How can I drag and drop an old game piece from 1.0 to 2.0, and everything will be okay?
3.) If not, will 1.0 projects become easier to import into 2.0 in the future?
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 07:35 PM by Shatterstar.)
06-06-2013 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: 2.0 Request and a few Questions
1) You can create a 'folder' on the left for organization, but it is more a filter like in VS. EE2 automatically handles the projects, and the most you can do is choose the default folder for all your projects.

2/3)In EE 2.0, on the main screen(project select screen) is a button "Import" specifically for importing 1.0 projects. As far as dragging and dropping.... I've done it with .gfx files from 1.0 without an issue.
06-06-2013 08:45 PM
Shatterstar Offline

RE: 2.0 Request and a few Questions
thank you Rubeus for the help
06-06-2013 09:28 PM