About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Animation orientation
gdalex Offline

RE: Animation orientation
Do you have the same result in the Editor when you play the animation using your mesh ?
08-05-2013 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tudorbradescu Offline

Hello, Querion. I've done a little bit of research and after a huge amount of hours spent in changing the 3d model, I found out that the exported model should be the exact same size as the Warrior from the engine. So, try to put them near each other in the world and scale your model to match Esenthel's from the 3d program you exported it from until they match sizes. Ok, that was the fun part. Now, after I did this, the model was completely twisted (every bone was twisted 180 degrees), but the animations sort of worked (he was walking backwards with his limbs in the other direction and all that). After another couple of hours of research, I found a technique to "solve" this problem: change every bone "Roll" parameter by rotating it -180, or 180. This works in Blender, by the way. I don't know how to do this in other modelling programs. Pay attention to rotate all the bones with the same value. If -180, make that for all. That kind of fixed the problem. I must admit, it looks a bit awkward, but at least he looks like a human being.
08-05-2013 03:52 PM
Querion Offline

@tudo
Unfortunately I use 3ds max :(

@gdalex,
Yes, when I play anim in editor there is same result
08-05-2013 07:15 PM
gdalex Offline

I agree with Aceio : it seems that you use your 3D model with Esenthel's human skeleton.
That couldn't work. You have set your own 3D skeleton, skinned and rigged it in your 3D software. And in the engine, you try to apply animations from another skeleton. Then your mesh is not configured to be deformed by these new bones.
You have to import your animations, and modify the tutorial source code you're using to load your own animations
08-06-2013 08:26 AM
Querion Offline

I have tried lots of characters.
All had own biped skeleton made in 3ds with all of those animation didnt worked.
08-06-2013 09:04 AM
gdalex Offline

Can you send me one your characters with a few keyframes and I'll try to import it to EE.
I work with EE 2.0 so the import process will be a bit different, but we'll see quickly if I can read your animations in the editor or not smile
08-06-2013 09:24 AM
Querion Offline

Sure. I send the same character which is used in video

.rar  123.rar (Size: 926.44 KB / Downloads: 3)
08-06-2013 09:48 AM
gdalex Offline

There is no animation data with your skeleton smile
08-06-2013 10:06 AM
Querion Offline

Yah, I use esenthel animation
08-06-2013 10:14 AM
gdalex Offline

I think this couldn't work smile
Animations are data informations about bone position/orientation in space. And each bone has proprieties about "how much it should deform the mesh".

If you set a skeleton in your 3D program, and then use a different skeleton in the engine, that is not properly configured for this mesh, the result couldn't be consistent.

To use the EE skeleton, you first have to apply this skeleton to your mesh, and define the weight influence per bone.
Here you have an example of creation of a skeleton inside EE 1.0 : http://www.esenthel.com/?id=tool/model_e...l_skinning

Try to apply the EE skeleton to your mesh, THEN you might hope to use EE animations for this skeleton smile
08-06-2013 10:29 AM
Querion Offline

Damn, I thought that is common to use those animations :s
Thanks for answers
08-06-2013 10:46 AM
Rofar Offline

You could use EE animations if your skeleton was identical to EE skeleton in every way.
08-06-2013 05:08 PM
Kiekos Offline

Still no solution, the character looks like an alien when walking :/

And one more question from my friend: is it possible to export animations made in 3DS MAX to *.anim file format?
09-03-2013 07:33 PM
Querion Offline

... guys? I got same question: is it possible to export animations made in 3DS MAX to *.anim file format?
09-12-2013 03:25 PM
Pherael Offline

There you find information about importing animation to Esenthel :
http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t..._Importing
09-12-2013 03:55 PM