About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Resizable Content Browser [2.0] & EE Server Artist Account
Scarlet Thread Offline

Resizable Content Browser [2.0] & EE Server Artist Account
It would be helpful if the Content Browser on the left in 2.0 was resizable horizontally. I can't read the title of a lot of my files because they go out the side. I have to choose rename sometimes just to see the full name and cancel.

Also forgive me if this is incorrect (can't check atm) but regarding the account types for the Esenthel Server, is there an account type for artists. By this I mean an account type that only allows editing of assets but not code or anything in the "Applications Folder". From memory I don't think it exists but I could be wrong. It would be nice since most coders don't want artists either purposefully or accidentally stuffing up the code files. Thanks.
06-28-2013 01:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: Resizable Content Browser [2.0] & EE Server Artist Account
I would like to second both of these.

I haven't seen any different account types(closest I saw is the permissions in Server). I don't know if this is what you meant, Scarlet, but a reduced cost version specifically for artists to connect to the main project server would be fantastic.
06-28-2013 03:13 AM
Rofar Offline

Would also like to see the Content Browser sizable horizontally.

Also, would like to be able to resize the GUI Control Properties window in the GUI Editor. Images and Style fields most of the time just show the folder paths and the actual selection is clipped and there is no way to see what specific selection is being used. Either being able to resize or just having that window wider would help.
06-28-2013 03:25 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(06-28-2013 03:25 AM)Rofar Wrote:  Would also like to see the Content Browser sizable horizontally.

Also, would like to be able to resize the GUI Control Properties window in the GUI Editor. Images and Style fields most of the time just show the folder paths and the actual selection is clipped and there is no way to see what specific selection is being used. Either being able to resize or just having that window wider would help.

It would also be nice if you could zoom in and out in the GUI editor.

Actually while we are talking about GUI I'd like to add another request though it is more involved and maybe not everyone's taste. But it would be nice if Gui Objects could behave more like game objects in the way that I would like to be able to add custom parameters in addition to the default parameters in the Gui Editor. This would be especially useful when making custom Gui classes.

So you have all your existing GuiObject types with their existing parameters and you can simply add parameters just like in the world editor except your doing it now for Gui objects in the Gui editor. Then if you are making a custom gui objecte you can simply access the ObjParams (or GuiParams maybe) and use the UIDs and values linked in that.

This would really open up GUI programming a lot more in Esenthel. Cheers.

(06-28-2013 03:13 AM)Rubeus Wrote:  I would like to second both of these.

I haven't seen any different account types(closest I saw is the permissions in Server). I don't know if this is what you meant, Scarlet, but a reduced cost version specifically for artists to connect to the main project server would be fantastic.

Yeh I was refering to permission types. However, that is also a really good idea, a reduced cost version which onlly access to everything except code would be great... though I'm not holding my breath on this one.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 04:19 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
06-28-2013 04:16 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

A big +1 on the re-sizable content browser, I've found that annoying for some time now.
I would trust your judgement on the other suggestions too Scarlet although I don't have first hand experience yet.
06-28-2013 08:12 AM
candam Offline

+1 it would be really nice and it's really useful
06-28-2013 11:08 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:Also forgive me if this is incorrect (can't check atm) but regarding the account types for the Esenthel Server, is there an account type for artists. By this I mean an account type that only allows editing of assets but not code or anything in the "Applications Folder".
I've just added this (will be in next release), which will prevent changing codes, and some of the application properties (like headers/libs) and publishing options (compress/encryption).
However those accounts will be able to mess around the "Applications Folder".

Quote:It would be helpful if the Content Browser on the left in 2.0 was resizable horizontally.
I'll add this in a moment, however please note that "horizontal slidebar" was added a few releases ago, so you can just drag it.
It will become visible if any of the elements doesn't fit in the Region.
07-04-2013 04:22 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(07-04-2013 04:22 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  
Quote:Also forgive me if this is incorrect (can't check atm) but regarding the account types for the Esenthel Server, is there an account type for artists. By this I mean an account type that only allows editing of assets but not code or anything in the "Applications Folder".
I've just added this (will be in next release), which will prevent changing codes, and some of the application properties (like headers/libs) and publishing options (compress/encryption).
However those accounts will be able to mess around the "Applications Folder".

Quote:It would be helpful if the Content Browser on the left in 2.0 was resizable horizontally.
I'll add this in a moment, however please note that "horizontal slidebar" was added a few releases ago, so you can just drag it.
It will become visible if any of the elements doesn't fit in the Region.

Thanks XD. Good news as usual
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 12:15 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
07-05-2013 12:15 AM
gdalex Offline

EXCELLENT news smile
07-05-2013 07:29 AM