About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Dark Souls - Winning @ Barehanded battle
Scarlet Thread Offline

Dark Souls - Winning @ Barehanded battle
Anyone who's ever played dark souls should be able to appreciate this.

I killed the asylum demon at the beginning of the game bare handed smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVzO7hkE5sk
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 03:02 PM by Scarlet Thread.)
07-03-2013 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Winning @ Barehanded battle
lmao ... now that's hard core gaming!!!
07-03-2013 04:28 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

RE: Dark Souls - Winning @ Barehanded battle
What's gaming without a bit of a challenge aye wink

Actually the crazy thing about this fight is I lose 75% of my HP before I even get him down to half. I can't believe that I managed to do the rest of it pretty much without getting hit at all.
07-04-2013 12:30 AM
Zervox Offline

Can't say I appreciate it. Seeing as the boss has very limited attack styles and easy to dodge, it just takes patience, or I am too used to run for maximum speed and efficiency of the time I play. : |
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 09:58 PM by Zervox.)
07-15-2013 09:57 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(07-15-2013 09:57 PM)Zervox Wrote:  Can't say I appreciate it. Seeing as the boss has very limited attack styles and easy to dodge, it just takes patience, or I am too used to run for maximum speed and efficiency of the time I play. : |

Don't diss it until you try it. Even after doing this soo many times I only succeed 1/3 times. Sure a lot of his hits are easy to dodge but every now and again he changes up randomly. You only have to guess wrong about 3 times out of about 50 of his random swings and you're dead. No Estus flask either.

Also patience is something one should be able to appreciate no? wink Whatevs I don't really care tbh...
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 03:49 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
07-16-2013 12:16 AM
Dynad Offline

its nothing if you can retry it (based on save game?), i get hart attack when i play diablo 3 on hardcore.. die and you can re-level all over again wink

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
07-16-2013 11:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

the Asylum Demon has 9 different attacks, all pretty much easy to dodge except two, 1 is annoying and one is a bit harder than the other ones, but considering the "speed" of the combat system, really ain't much difficulty,which 1 requires you to sidestep behind his left leg(if you go behind the right leg he will do a 180 degree hit and end up looking at you), the other requires you to roll to the side and eventually when his hammer is close to you, do a backroll.
07-16-2013 12:06 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Yall are all party poopers. It was just a bit of fun dammit! Why so serious?

(07-16-2013 11:33 AM)Dynad Wrote:  its nothing if you can retry it (based on save game?), i get hart attack when i play diablo 3 on hardcore.. die and you can re-level all over again wink

Not really a good comparison considering in Dark Souls this is the first thing in the game that you actually fight (if you don't run), not to mention there is no difficulty levels in DS....

(07-16-2013 12:06 PM)Zervox Wrote:  the Asylum Demon has 9 different attacks, all pretty much easy to dodge except two, 1 is annoying and one is a bit harder than the other ones, but considering the "speed" of the combat system, really ain't much difficulty,which 1 requires you to sidestep behind his left leg(if you go behind the right leg he will do a 180 degree hit and end up looking at you), the other requires you to roll to the side and eventually when his hammer is close to you, do a backroll.

You could say the same about almost every boss... there is almost always a way to dodge or avoid... sure some are more difficult than others but thats not the point. Also you could say the same about every boss in the way that you just have to learn his moves and then have patience... so I still can't see your point.

But as I said I'm not too concerned about arguing about this... as it was all intended as fun to begin with.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 02:13 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
07-17-2013 01:59 AM
AndrewBGS Offline

Oh really.... the guy is having some fun and you're telling him he's doing it wrong?
That's what I get from here.
07-17-2013 09:00 AM
Zervox Offline

Everyone got the right to comment... We didn't find that interesting or amusing, we've the right to say it.

AndrewBGS: We didn't say he was doing it wrong, we are discussing the difficulty of the boss he fisted to death. if he finds fun in playing against one boss for 23 minutes is fine by me, I just don't see the challenge in it.
07-17-2013 02:55 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

After writing for about 10 minutes like crazy I decided it's not worth it.

I don't think there's anything I can say to make you understand there's no point in offending people's... "art forms". How is what Scarlet did any different than building a 10 foot cards castle? None need any particular skill, just a lot of patience. But whatever, I'll give up. Indeed everyone has the right to comment, damn society for that.
07-17-2013 03:10 PM
Zervox Offline

What the **** are you on about? I haven't attacked anyone's development skills or art forms.
I was merely discussing the difficulty of beating that boss in which you can easily spot when and what attacks he will be using.

Obviously you are so detached to this discussion you are talking about how I judge other people in their skill sets to make games and all? a whole round of applause for you.

Obviously you should have used those 10 minutes to read the things I wrote.
Playing a game isn't any form of art.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 03:37 PM by Zervox.)
07-17-2013 03:35 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

That last comment just lit up lights in On-Line Surveillance Centres throughout the Western World lol

It's all a bit of a storm in a tea cup as far as I can see. One man's challenge might be another man's yawn but either way I'd have been more impressed had the detractors posted videos of their own versions of 'being challenged' ... that would have been much more fun wink
07-17-2013 06:09 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Lol.. Didn't even see these last comments... No need for it to get out of hand now.

If you guys don't think it's challenging thats fine you are of course allowed to think what you want. I'll continue to think what I want and thats fine too. After all "Challenging is a relative term". It's not like I have to prove my worth by doing something that everyone else feels is challenging... lol
08-14-2013 04:06 AM