About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Drag drop material on objects
candam Offline

Drag drop material on objects
Hello Esenthel I would like to offer a feature it may look so simple but it come in handy specially when we build blocks and architecture and walls etc

Dragging and dropping materials on the objects in the scene

I hope to hear your reply

Best wishes for all Esenthel Community smile
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 07:42 PM by candam.)
07-07-2013 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: Drag drop material on objects
+1, I think was already requested at some point, it would be very useful to have the same object and just put different materials on it in the world instead of duplicating it for each material you want.
07-07-2013 07:48 PM
candam Offline

(07-07-2013 07:48 PM)AndrewBGS Wrote:  +1, I think was already requested at some point, it would be very useful to have the same object and just put different materials on it in the world instead of duplicating it for each material you want.

Yeah for the sake of speed I wanna edit objects materials while I'm making the level like walls , houses , grounds ,rocks etc
07-07-2013 07:53 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

I don't complain with speed, I'm with it for the sake of memory. Why create a new object when it's just the same as another one except it has a different colour? (well, texture; all the same). That' why i think this feature really needs to be implemented.
07-07-2013 08:08 PM
candam Offline

(07-07-2013 08:08 PM)AndrewBGS Wrote:  I don't complain with speed, I'm with it for the sake of memory. Why create a new object when it's just the same as another one except it has a different colour? (well, texture; all the same). That' why i think this feature really needs to be implemented.

I agree with you Andrew Are you a modeler ?
07-07-2013 08:18 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

No, I am more of a programmer. Hence my obsession for efficiency. But I know the basics about modeling. Not much besides that though.
07-07-2013 08:23 PM
candam Offline

(07-07-2013 08:23 PM)AndrewBGS Wrote:  No, I am more of a programmer. Hence my obsession for efficiency. But I know the basics about modeling. Not much besides that though.

So how do you get your models
07-07-2013 08:37 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

I have a friend helping me out with those but mostly i just used esenthel stuff so far. Maybe we should move this to private?
07-07-2013 08:49 PM
candam Offline

(07-07-2013 08:49 PM)AndrewBGS Wrote:  I have a friend helping me out with those but mostly i just used esenthel stuff so far. Maybe we should move this to private?

Sorry For that if you have a facebook I would be happy to contact u and talk about this game development stuff much longer smile
07-07-2013 08:54 PM
gdalex Offline

+1 for this feature, already requested but definitly needed !
07-08-2013 07:08 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi! smile

Yeah I thought about it as well, I didn't copy the functionality from EE 1.0 because for 2.0 I wanted to implement new system - object skins/variations.

Because EE 1.0 had the option to override the material, however only one material was forced for entire mesh.

For 2.0 I want to implement a better system, that allows to specify different variations of the same model - by specifying different materials for each mesh part (and not just 1 mtrl for the whole mesh).

I've added this to the roadmap as-
[*]skin system for objects (variations of the same object with different materials for each mesh part)
07-09-2013 06:54 PM
candam Offline

(07-09-2013 06:54 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  Hi! smile

Yeah I thought about it as well, I didn't copy the functionality from EE 1.0 because for 2.0 I wanted to implement new system - object skins/variations.

Because EE 1.0 had the option to override the material, however only one material was forced for entire mesh.

For 2.0 I want to implement a better system, that allows to specify different variations of the same model - by specifying different materials for each mesh part (and not just 1 mtrl for the whole mesh).

I've added this to the roadmap as-
[*]skin system for objects (variations of the same object with different materials for each mesh part)

Thanks Greg you're always here to reply we greatly appreciate your pretty customer service
07-09-2013 10:50 PM
gdalex Offline

Esenthel, do you have any idea about a possible release date for this feature?
09-05-2013 02:02 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

+1 this will be good
09-06-2013 04:52 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

This will be available in next release! smile
12-31-2014 08:44 AM