About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Steam Greenlight - Concept
SamNainocard Offline

Steam Greenlight - Concept
Have anyone ever post your game concept into Steam Greenlight Concept?

Right now, I want some feedback on some gameplay and some discussion, and I'm using IndieDB right now but it's not going anywhere. (maybe I do something wrong there?)
07-17-2013 05:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scarlet Thread Offline

RE: Steam Greenlight - Concept
Don't bother with putting anything on Greenlight until you have a significant amount of your game to show at a reasonable level of quality. Reason being... on Greenlight you are showing it to gamers, not developers, who don't understand the concept that your game isn't finished yet and will most likely give you feedback that isn't very useful. First impressions are everything and even if your game is 10000 times better when it releases many people will keep their pre-conceptions of it and not even open the page when they see it (often). Whats worse is they will spread the word of their "opinion" which you don't want either.

If you want feedback I would suggest first posting on this forum if you haven't already (I think you did already).. or provide a link to your indie DB page. People won't go searching for your indieDB page you need to direct people there by whatever means possible. Post link here, post a link on GameDev.net...etc. whatever. I highly recommend sticking to feedback from other developers in the early stages.

But all in all I'm no expert. This is just what I am in the process of doing and what I have observed from other games over time.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 02:23 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
07-18-2013 02:15 AM
SamNainocard Offline

I just check few of Greenlight Concept, though most of games are even early than mine (maybe?), but comments are mostly are just regular compliment or suggestions, not sure about back stage there.

I agree with First Impression too, I guess, I'll hold out for a while.

I'll stick to IndieDB, but I haven't post any link yet, perhaps it's time to update and start now.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 05:40 AM by SamNainocard.)
07-18-2013 05:40 AM
Rubeus Offline

From what I've seen of Greenlight, if you don't have something that looks nice, it gets ripped pretty hard, regardless of functionality. I agree with Scarlet on this point-wait until your game is pretty close to release, or try to avoid Greenlight all together.
07-18-2013 01:51 PM
Dalmat Offline

We have our project on greenlight, so far so good.. smile
It is a good test of your software, as most of the kids there will rip you apart if they dont like it.. so go ahead, do it
12-01-2013 02:28 PM