About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[Solved]Esenthel Server 2.0
TheElk Offline

[Solved]Esenthel Server 2.0
I'm Having a problem for us to have the Esenthel Server up and running on my pc and also having the mmo server up and running on the same pc with different ports when publishing. You can't connect to the mmo server but if I close the Esenthel server you can. Can this be fixed.

Esenthel Servers ports are 65535
mmo Servers ports are 65534

Any suggestions or help is always appreciated.

Thank you
TheElk
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 11:49 AM by TheElk.)
07-28-2013 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheElk Offline

RE: Esenthel Server 2.0
So no one is having this problem or no one has try'ed to publish with engine 2.0 and server 2.0 running on the same PC.

Just asking

Thank you
TheElk
07-29-2013 07:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

Perhaps the mmo client tries to connect on 65535? Just guessing though. I doubt that the two servers have an inpact on each other, except for what port they pick when starting up.
07-29-2013 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheElk Offline

yvanvds thank you

But you put in the port number in the client for the server. so that's not it.

Thank you we will just have to wait for the big guy to answer this one. Obviously no one has try'ed to run there server on the same PC as the Esenthel 2.0 Server is on.

Thank you
TheElk
07-30-2013 03:35 PM
kevindekever Offline

Both server searching a free port at start. The first gets 65535 so, if you start the mmo server before esenthel server it will be 65535

1.esenthel server 2. mmo server = client needs to connect x.x.x.x:65534
1.mmo server 2. esenthel server = client needs to connect x.x.x.x:65535

But look at the server info for the right port, and yes it works on same mashine.
i can have esenthelserver + mmoserver + ineisisserver online at same time and use their clients.

Perhaps it is a firewall issue?
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 07:21 PM by kevindekever.)
07-30-2013 07:17 PM
TheElk Offline

kevindekever

But can people from the outside world connect all of the ports are open and yes assigned correctly but no one can connect if Esenthel server 2 is running.

Not sure whats going on will keep trying to figure it out.

Thank you
TheElk
07-31-2013 05:17 AM
kevindekever Offline

Did you check with telnet from outside? You know your routing (port forwarding)?

server---router---outside world
P:65535---P: no ---P:65535

Another solution would be using hamatchi(like vpn) and more secure way because they have to join your channel

here a link for aktivation on later windows builds http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki...ows-7.aspx
07-31-2013 05:27 AM
TheElk Offline

Well it is working and I did not change any thing.

want to say thank you too

@yvanvds
@kevindekever

for at least try to lend a helping hand

TheElk
07-31-2013 11:48 AM