About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Is sound frequency changable?
otter Offline

Is sound frequency changable?
Hi All
I'm evaluating the engine to see if it's the right one for me. Can someone tell me if adjusting the frequency of a sound is possible - I'm looking at a car game at the moment and want to see if the engine noise changing with car speed is achievable.
I've seen that I can change the speed of a sound as per the example tutorial, but the speed multiplier gets to 2, further increases (with the tutorial anyway) don't seem to make any difference.
I'm guessing I need a combination of merging sounds and sound frequncy changes, but open to suggestions!

Cheers!
07-31-2013 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: Is sound frequency changable?
To get a wider range, you can speed your sound up in an external editor, then start by playing the sound at .x speed or whatever, giving more range. Something like .1 = 500 RPM, 2 = 10,000 RPM.
I hadn't thought much about this before. The more I think about it, the harder it seems to get a good, real-sounding engine noise.
07-31-2013 03:06 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Is sound frequency changable?
Hi, yes the sound speed is changeable, but the limit is related to this thread: http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=6644
08-14-2013 09:43 PM