About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[RESOLVED] - Cannot connect to Esenthel Server
Ozmodian Offline

[RESOLVED] - Cannot connect to Esenthel Server
Hi All,

I am having some real trouble connection to an esenthel server. i have installed and run an esenthel server on a remote Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2) server. I have confirmed that it appears to be set up correctly. I have also gone as far to prove that the server is receiving my client connection request (using wire shark). However, i can see that no response is ever sent from the server and no response is received from the client (again using wire shark).

At this point i am out of ideas as the problem is the server is not responding. for what it is worth i used the windows server installer Download link in case that has something to do with it.

I really appreciate the help. See screenshots below. i will leave the server running if you want to try and connect.

[Image: ivzchu.png]

[Image: bf17cn.png]

[Image: 6ym5nm.png]

[Image: 25gx7id.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 08:50 AM by Ozmodian.)
08-11-2013 03:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: Cannot connect to Esenthel Server
Did you check your firewall logs to make sure they aren't blocking the packets? Did you make sure your Amazon service is configured properly? (last I checked, they were pretty dopey) Did you set up another TCP connection using different protocols to see if anything else works?
08-11-2013 06:49 AM
Ozmodian Offline

Yep. Amazon is set for all traffic and my firewall is not blocking it. Again, I have proven the packet gets to the server. The server just never generates any packets.
08-11-2013 04:06 PM
Rubeus Offline

Keep in mind that the firewall could have been blocking it at the application later, while wireshark could be capturing a much lower layer, meaning the packets wouldn't get to it.
Can you try it opposite-run the Esenthel on the server and Esenthel Server on your home PC to see if Esenthel can connect out from the server? If you can, we will know for sure it's a bug with the server rather than a goofy setup by Amazon.
08-11-2013 08:02 PM
Ozmodian Offline

Thanks Rubeus

You were right, Amazon has 2 firewalls. I had 1 turned off but there was a second. I turned that off and all is good.

I will be posting a tutorial in case anybody else wants to use Amazon to host their code.

Thanks again.
08-15-2013 08:49 AM