About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Custom Type override works even with different Access
Nox_A15 Offline

Custom Type override works even with different Access
Esenthel 1.0

In object templates Type override works even with different Access than Custom. I've noticed it when watching changes in Object List.
08-21-2013 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Custom Type override works even with different Access
Hi, could you describe the issue a bit better? For example attach a few screenshots?
Thanks
08-21-2013 11:16 PM
Nox_A15 Offline

It's as simple as it sounds. wink (The object list in the screenshots below is refreshed every time.)

1. We have one object with Terrain Access.

2. We have second object with Terrain Access.

3. But something is wrong - it seems one of them have a chosen Type.

4. After changing the Access to Custom we can see that check box for Type was active all this time.

This cause the object list to show incorrect types. I don't know if it has any influence on other functionalities. To fix it I needed to choose Custom Access, uncheck the Type box and return to Terrain again. Quite a lot of unchecking, because it was impossible without opening every one of our templates.
08-22-2013 02:35 PM
SamNainocard Offline

I would like to add that, the reason of Type being checked is because you properly changed Temp Object Custom access, OBJ_STATIC type once then access back to Terrain,
which make type remains checked and making new object being OBJ_STATIC type but Terrain access.
08-24-2013 01:41 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks for providing the images, but as SamNainocard pointed out, you've probably in the past adjusted the Type override checkbox, and then switched to Terrain access.
So the Type override and value remain hidden in the object editor, but they are visible in the object list (because that one in 1.0 does not differentiate between terrain/custom object classes).
Your game will however work properly, the object list in 1.0 just will not list it as terrain.
08-24-2013 11:31 PM
Nox_A15 Offline

I'm aware that I've chosen these Types in the past. Also thank you for clarifying that it won't affect the game as well. I just think that editor should uncheck chosen Type when Access is changed to something other than Custom. That's logical. smile And it's still a "bug" after all.
08-26-2013 01:28 PM