About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Should I get Esenthel
jaeakins1 Offline

Should I get Esenthel
Im looking for a engine that does mmo which this one looks like it does pretty well but I want to be able to make my own battle system and what I have in mind is kinda a kingdom hearts mixed with ff12 and ff7 but Im having trouble finding out if I would be able to so if esenthel would let me please let me know oh also can you make big open world games i have been working some with blender but it doesnt seem like it would support anything large
09-13-2013 02:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

RE: Should I get Esenthel
Esenthel sure supports this; as you are doing all the programming yourself, it is all possible smile

But you sound like you are new to the industry... Making an MMO is not only difficult, but quite impossible for individuals without quite the extensive experience in [At least the scale you are thinking off]. Try the engine out, follow some tutorials, and check if you like it grin
09-13-2013 08:03 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Should I get Esenthel
I think Dwight pretty much nailed it in his reply.

Nothing wrong with thinking big ... just start small and build from there.

Esenthel has inbuilt support for large open worlds so might well be the engine you are looking for. The battle system would be entirely down to your programming skills though, so not limited by the engine.

Ensure you have sufficient C++ skills to start with though or a programmer on your team who does ... you won't get far without them!
09-13-2013 11:07 AM