About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Montague's Mount
Pixel Perfect Offline

Montague's Mount
Back in my previous game engine days I got to know a guy called Matthew Clifton. As fellow developers we discussed various aspects of game design from time to time and I was always impressed by Matt's determination and skill sets.

Matt went on to leave that engine and use another where he proceeded to provide a series of tutorials for users whilst working on a few game ideas and then eventually set him self up his own company Polypusher Studios and has worked single handedly on a game idea for about the last two years handling all of the modelling, game design and programming himself.

I'm please to say that Matt's game Montague's Mount is due to be released this Wednesday 9th Oct and is available to purchase and download from GOG, Get Games and GamersGate.

Take a look, I think it looks pretty damn impressive, especially given that it's been developed by a single individual. Good luck Matt!

Trailer
10-07-2013 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rofar Offline

RE: Montague's Mount
Looks interesting. Hard to tell from the trailer what the gameplay is like though. The trailer reminds me of Dear Esther. I may have to try it out though.
10-07-2013 10:26 PM
Tottel Offline

I agree with Rofar. But regardless, it looks like something I might really enjoy. smile

Good luck to your friend!
10-08-2013 07:12 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Agreed, the first thing that came to mind when I saw it was Dear Esther too. It's more interactive than in Dear Esther, where the player is just an observer really, there are puzzles to solve and I believe a coherent story line to unfold.

Dear Esther as much as I enjoyed the experience was ultimately somewhat frustrating as the story was deliberately written to have no meaningful ending, just a series of clues that didn't quite all hang together leaving people to speculate on what it all meant. I guess that added to the mystery of it all though smile

I've pre-ordered the game (which is very reasonably priced) as I wanted to support Matt and also because I love the atmosphere he's managed to create. For those who are interested there is a 45 minute play through video on the net taken somewhere (I came across it the other day) from one of the game exhibitions which takes you through the opening level. I chose not to watch it as I'd rather not spoil my initial experience of playing it.
10-08-2013 07:44 AM
knocks Offline

Montague's Mount, drm free indie gaming SOLD!
10-08-2013 07:59 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Really enjoying this game so far, it's like Myst meets Dear Esther. Quite original in terms of the ambience and the setting though. Beautifully crafted!
10-10-2013 08:04 PM
gdalex Offline

I like the mood, congratulations for this trailer smile
10-10-2013 11:38 PM