About Store Forum Documentation Contact

ComboBox Issues :\
Scarlet Thread Offline

ComboBox Issues :\
Hi All,

Having some strange problems with Combo Boxes. I have a combobox and I fill it with data... and when I run the game from the EE2.0 editor it works perfectly.

Then I go into VS2012 without any changes and the game crashes when I click on the combo box.... I would search long and hard for this bug but it just isn't making sense to me and VS2012 says its the combobox causing the crash.

On another occasion I have noticed crashes that occur in VS2012 but not in editor :O but they seem to be highly circumstantial.

I'd search for un-readable / NULL pointers but even if I found one it still doesn't make sense why it works in editor and not in VS2012

I've tried:
- Clean
- Rebuild
- Restart
- Restart Computer entirely

So none of the above are the issue. I can reproduce the problem 100% every time.

Haven't tried VS2012 Re-Install because I want to check here before I do.

Greg if you're willing to have a look I can send you the project files via PM. Thanks.
10-10-2013 11:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: ComboBox Issues :\
Hi,

Yeah sure, you can send it to me, please also include the instructions how to reproduce the issue.

By default the "play" button will use Visual Studio's "start without debugging", but the "debug" option will use VS's "start with debugging".
10-10-2013 11:35 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(10-10-2013 11:35 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  By default the "play" button will use Visual Studio's "start without debugging", but the "debug" option will use VS's "start with debugging".

I'll do some tests based on this knowledge first. Thanks
10-10-2013 11:56 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(10-10-2013 11:56 AM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  I'll do some tests based on this knowledge first. Thanks

After trying this didn't seem to make a difference. I managed to fix the bug with the rect()->size(); It made sense why it was crashing (NULL pointer), but still not sure why it wasn't crashing from the editor if that was the case.

As for the ComboBox issue I'm still not sure. I might be using the setData function incorrectly but it is only crashing in VS2012 and not editor

So.. I will end up sending you the project + instructions in PM. Though I'll have to wait for tomorrow because I'm out of time. Thanks for the help.
10-10-2013 01:20 PM