About Store Forum Documentation Contact

can't find the model editor
bs_twinbits Offline

can't find the model editor
Hi All,
maybe it's a stupid question. I can't find the model editor wink. I play arround with the EE 2.0 demo and load a model by drag and drop into the engine. But where I find the model editor? Isn't that tool a part of the demo engine?
The screenshot shows what I can find so long.
bs

Attached File(s) Image(s)

10-13-2013 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: can't find the model editor
This is all the model editing you get in 2.0. Maybe we'll get more later, personally I'd like that too.

But for now, moving, scaling and editing physics is pretty much all the editing you get to do with the engine. The rest is up to the model editing software apparently.
10-13-2013 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bs_twinbits Offline

Ups, so it's total different to what I can see on the the website under tools? No possibility to tell the engine, in which way to shade the mesh?
10-13-2013 04:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

Click the mesh or the green orbs underneath the mesh file, and the material editor will open.
10-13-2013 05:35 PM
bs_twinbits Offline

Yes I knew how to open the material editor, but this is not I'm looking for.
10-13-2013 05:53 PM
Tottel Offline

That's how you would "shade" a mesh. I'm not sure what else you could mean. smile
10-13-2013 08:00 PM
para Offline

You mean mesh shading like this?

In 2.0 you need to take care of this before exporting from your 3D app or make a tool for it.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 10:48 PM by para.)
10-13-2013 10:48 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

What para is showing there is EE 1.0 tools; Sadly we no longer have that editor in 2.0, so as he said, you should take care of that before exporting the model. That's what you probably saw in the wiki and can't find on the engine.
10-14-2013 07:11 AM
bs_twinbits Offline

Andrew you are right!
10-14-2013 11:23 AM