About Store Forum Documentation Contact

A couple questions before purchasing
Piepants Offline

A couple questions before purchasing
Hello, I'm considering purchasing EE 2.0 as well as Ineisis source and I just have a couple questions:

1) Is the source of Ineisis for EE 2.0 easily adaptable as-is for a buildable multiplayer test bed game, or will it require weeks or months of learning the engine to get the source to compile and run a single server with multiple clients?

2) The same question as above, but with the free demo version of EE 2.0 and the purchased Ineisis source code.

If the answer of the first question is yes, which tutorial would be my best bet for beginning setting up after purchasing the source?

Thanks!
11-03-2013 12:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

RE: A couple questions before purchasing
First Welcome to Esenthel forums

as for your questions

1- Esenthel Ineisis will work out of the box as soon as you purchase the source code simple download it then compile it will work with setting up a nice simple online game with a very nice above basics capabilities you can extend to your plans

2- Esenthel 2.0 will work just fine with Ineisis and the engine itself is very easy and straightforward

about tutorials you should start with the engine tutorials. it comes with above 100 tutorial and they are all rich with very important aspects of the engine like 3d , rendering , gui , sounds, meshes ,etc follow them and you will get it up very quickly good luck
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 12:24 AM by candam.)
11-03-2013 12:23 AM
Piepants Offline

Thanks for the welcome and for the answers!

So for my second question, after purchasing the Ineisis source I can build a playable game using the free demo version of EE, or will I need the purchased EE license in order to build the Ineisis source code? Thanks!
11-03-2013 01:08 AM
candam Offline

You will be able to play it but the are limits when it comes to editing or adding elements in project you will not be able to edit anything just test and compile some certain features !
Don't mention it

Because the free demo version is limited to 60 element per project that's it smile
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 01:22 AM by candam.)
11-03-2013 01:21 AM
Piepants Offline

So I purchased both the engine and Ineisis source. I'm trying to follow to wiki documentation, however (and I'm sure this is a very stupid question) which directory can I find the buildable client and server apps in the extracted zip folders for Ineisis? I extracted them to my projects folder and see a couple folders with long strings of alphanumerics chars, edit and game folders, and formats and tex folders, but I've tried importing them all and cannot seem to find any files named client or server. When I try to build I get a message stating "No application selected or it has invalid name". This leads me to believe I don't even have the Ineisis project opened, any advice? The wiki seems to just say to build and run the client and server apps, however I'm having trouble finding them.

Thanks for any info and sorry for the stupid question.
11-03-2013 04:44 PM
candam Offline

(11-03-2013 04:44 PM)Piepants Wrote:  So I purchased both the engine and Ineisis source. I'm trying to follow to wiki documentation, however (and I'm sure this is a very stupid question) which directory can I find the buildable client and server apps in the extracted zip folders for Ineisis? I extracted them to my projects folder and see a couple folders with long strings of alphanumerics chars, edit and game folders, and formats and tex folders, but I've tried importing them all and cannot seem to find any files named client or server. When I try to build I get a message stating "No application selected or it has invalid name". This leads me to believe I don't even have the Ineisis project opened, any advice? The wiki seems to just say to build and run the client and server apps, however I'm having trouble finding them.

Thanks for any info and sorry for the stupid question.

Not stupid and don't say that .we're here to help as long as we can

about the executable client and server those are not you got to build them yourself

so go for those steps

1- extract Ineisis file and copy the random folder and put it in

your esenthel directory then open esenthel engine and you can select the project then build it and that's all I wish you search more
11-03-2013 05:14 PM
Rubeus Offline

The Esenthel 2.0 projects are a proprietary file format, hence the jumble of letters and numbers.
If you use the default engine install directory, and haven't changed the project directory, you will want to put the project in C:\Esenthel\Projects You will see at least one other folder in there that contains the Tutorial project.
Then open the EE editor, and you should see the project in the list. Open and press F5 to compile and run. smile

(Note that most of the Wiki refers to EE 1.0 still)
11-03-2013 05:36 PM
Piepants Offline

Hmm, I reinstalled to c: in case the directory was a problem, and tested compiling and running the tutorials which all worked fine. I'm still having trouble finding an app to compile for the ineisis project though.
From the project list menu I choose import, and click on the "Ineisis Online (Esenthel 2.0 Project)" folder and hit OK. Then it takes me to the editor, however I've browsed through all the folders and files and see no apps to select to compile, like in the tutorials. The folders I see are _, Animation, File, Game, Graphics, Gui, ...
11-03-2013 06:58 PM
TheElk Offline

You should see a folders called Ineisis Client, Ineisis Online, Ineisis server you build those.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 07:36 PM by TheElk.)
11-03-2013 07:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Piepants Offline

Found it, changed my projects path to inside the ineisis folder and saw it under the project listing. Thanks for all the help!
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 07:52 PM by Piepants.)
11-03-2013 07:46 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi, The "Import" button is just for importing old Esenthel 1.0 project.
You could've copied the ineisis project into the "Esenthel/Projects" folder, but
Quote:changed my projects path to inside the ineisis folder and saw it under the project listing
that's still okay.
Welcome to the forum!
Hope you'll enjoy working with Esenthel smile
11-04-2013 12:14 AM
Piepants Offline

Yeah thanks very much, was too used to using import for unity projects. Really liking the engine and how commented the sample code is thus far, looking forward to start learning the engine!
11-04-2013 04:02 AM