About Store Forum Documentation Contact

...and Linux!
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

...and Linux!
Linux support contribution was a success, and it will now be developed in first priority.
11-29-2013 08:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrPi Offline

RE: ...and Linux!
Great, that was fast.
How about a web plugin for Windows, Mac and Linux then? It would support running the game natively on these platforms in a browser frame on IE, Firefox and Chrome.
Compare with this for example: http://www.spawnapps.com/

You can easily sell this as an additional license to get the development costs back from existing licensees.
11-29-2013 12:03 PM
candam Offline

(11-29-2013 08:07 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Linux support contribution was a success, and it will now be developed in first priority.

That is cool I didn't expect it to be on the first priority so fast smile

You're really making a huge steps in the history of this Engine !

Supporting Oculus Rift And Linux on a successive period is a huge achievement My Congratulations and appreciation for you and All of Esenthel Supporters smile
11-29-2013 04:32 PM
Rubeus Offline

Looks like I'm going to have to dust off the ol' Linux skills and reinstall to test with. I haven't been part of the Linux scene for a few(10) years... how is it now with porting between the different flavors of Linux? It used to be that what worked on one distro was hit or miss with others.
11-29-2013 04:58 PM
candam Offline

(11-29-2013 04:58 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  Looks like I'm going to have to dust off the ol' Linux skills and reinstall to test with. I haven't been part of the Linux scene for a few(10) years... how is it now with porting between the different flavors of Linux? It used to be that what worked on one distro was hit or miss with others.

on linux it's about time the more you work on it the more you become more productive with it linux is free cool , but the lack of support is preventing it from unleashing itself but it's about time smile

I love linux regardless of it's rare support smile
11-29-2013 05:17 PM
candam Offline

I'm so excited to see it coming smile wow can't wait to hear more information about the port process smile
11-29-2013 10:39 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(11-29-2013 04:58 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  Looks like I'm going to have to dust off the ol' Linux skills and reinstall to test with. I haven't been part of the Linux scene for a few(10) years... how is it now with porting between the different flavors of Linux? It used to be that what worked on one distro was hit or miss with others.
I have no idea smile for now I've just installed Ubuntu, on which I'll be focusing, as I think that it's the most popular one, and for example Valve's Steam supports only that one - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-QHXN-8366
Once SteamOS comes out, It's possible I'll give that a go too, or just switch to it.
12-02-2013 02:41 AM
candam Offline

(12-02-2013 02:41 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  
I have no idea smile for now I've just installed Ubuntu, on which I'll be focusing, as I think that it's the most popular one, and for example Valve's Steam supports only that one - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-QHXN-8366
Once SteamOS comes out, It's possible I'll give that a go too, or just switch to it.

Ubuntu is a nice choice it's really popular choice
12-02-2013 12:09 PM
yvanvds Offline

Wow, great news. I was away for a few weeks and didn't even know Linux support was on the list. :-)

Anyway, if you need help or testing: I have quite some experience linux. Only switched to windows a few years back for esenthel, really. Perhaps now i'll finally be able to switch back!
12-04-2013 04:01 PM
candam Offline

(12-04-2013 04:01 PM)yvanvds Wrote:  Wow, great news. I was away for a few weeks and didn't even know Linux support was on the list. :-)

Anyway, if you need help or testing: I have quite some experience linux. Only switched to windows a few years back for esenthel, really. Perhaps now i'll finally be able to switch back!

I'm just like you btw welcome back bro

I can help too with the test purposes etc

I'm using Ubuntu , fedora
12-04-2013 04:17 PM
Solimo Offline

Dear Esenthel,

Any time estimation for this feature? Networking part especially (linux servers).
12-05-2013 11:37 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

grin

Attached File(s) Image(s)

12-09-2013 07:14 AM
candam Offline

Wow First App compiled on my beloved linux smile it looks very nice because you did compiled it in a no time : Waiting eagerly for the next section on the roadmap
Thanks for making my wish come true and thanks for letting us know how things are going with you smile
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 10:48 AM by candam.)
12-09-2013 10:44 AM
fuzzylr Offline

Wow, congrats on the Linux path.
12-14-2013 03:08 AM
rstralberg Offline

Congrats to this just awesome decision grin

My Blog is at http://mrstralberg.blogspot.se.
Chat account Skype (rstralberg)
12-14-2013 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply