About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Demo restrictions
jondahl Offline

Demo restrictions
What are they exactly?

I've found out from experience that you're limited to 64 objects per project and that you can't copy things between projects. By searching forum posts I've also found that you can't publish your game.

It says that shadows are only available in the full version when trying to enable them in the display settings. But in my world I get shadows partially, everthing casts and receives shadows but the actual terrain (eg. a tree casts a shadow on the character but not on the ground). Is it supposed to be like this?

Is there a list of the restrictions somewhere?

Cheers!
Jonatan
12-27-2013 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Demo restrictions
Hi,

The restrictions are very few, additionally you can't use Editor Network Interface, or access Linux version without a license.

Shadows can work in your own projects/apps but not in the Editor when using the demo version.
Do you have the shadow issue in the Editor or in your own app?
12-29-2013 11:21 PM
jondahl Offline

RE: Demo restrictions
In the app. My tree casts a shadow on my characters body but not on the terrain ground, and that's likely because the terrain is not lit due to this issue: http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=7360

The shadow is cast in the right direction, away from the sun, but everything is lit inverted (from the exact opposite direction of the sun, as described in the link above). Sometimes everything is lit inverted and sometimes some objects are lit correctly, but the ground is always lit from the opposite direction.

/J
12-30-2013 02:36 AM