About Store Forum Documentation Contact

New Website
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: New Website
Thanks everyone!

Happy that you're enjoying it smile

@Rubeus: I've added support for IE9, it should look now much better than before (not sure if Ctrl+R will be needed to refresh the CSS)

Also added some nice gradients for buttons (IE10+ is required)
01-19-2014 11:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

So much better . thanks for the improvements smile
01-19-2014 11:19 AM
SamerK Offline

Congrats, it is much better now specially the first page. of course, this is a great step towards improving Esenthel marketing strategy.

Than;s
01-19-2014 04:13 PM
cat555 Offline

Hi, the new website is much cleaner and better structured in my opinion... i like it more this way smile Congrats
01-20-2014 12:12 PM
Rubeus Offline

(01-19-2014 11:16 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Thanks everyone!

Happy that you're enjoying it smile

@Rubeus: I've added support for IE9, it should look now much better than before (not sure if Ctrl+R will be needed to refresh the CSS)

Also added some nice gradients for buttons (IE10+ is required)

Perfect!
01-20-2014 06:04 PM
sivan Offline

a different opinion: I'm very surprised, the old one looked much more professional...

a possible future licence buyer user (like me) should be amazed by the homepage for the first look (and the second, third...). and the new page just shows dry text stuff with some boring buttons (except the separated gallery). such a a great game engine should have a similarly great homepage.

just check cryengine.com, udk.com or unity3d.com. and feel the difference. there you are faced immediately with cool varying images showing news and key features, and some logos of 3rd party stuff that everybody knows, i.e. less information on main pages worthing more. and only sub-pages contain detailed and dry facts, where every statements are illustrated with a proper screenshot or embedded video to make them more spicy.

and the overall style should be also more up-to-date, I can offer you a friend who is a professional 2D/3D/Web artist (but maybe too busy since working in game cinematics industry). he made great cd covers and homepage design of our rock band some years ago smile contact: http://www.attiladeak.com
01-21-2014 10:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rofar Offline

and another opinion: I think I am a minority on this type of thing but I could care less what a web site looks like. The only thing I care about is response time and being able to easily find what I am looking for. I think the old one was fine and I think the new one is a little better. I do think many people form product opinions based on how snazzy the site is. I am not one of these people however.
01-21-2014 11:46 PM
sivan Offline

homepage = marketing (rather financial task)
forum = support (technical task)
01-22-2014 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joacorock Offline

I don't know if someone said it already but I think that a propper mobile version would be good, since Esenthel engine works on mobile devices, the website must also in mobiles work.

I also recomed to fit the content for the normal 15.4" laptop resolution since is one of the most used.
01-24-2014 02:22 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Please elaborate.
I'm able to use the page on my Android Phone, iPhone 4, 15" laptop (when both set to 1920x1080 and 1366x768) without any issues.
01-24-2014 11:23 PM
joacorock Offline

Yes, me too it works on my android phone, but i mean a real mobile version, where i don't need to zoom in to read text or click buttons.

And what i mean is that with the 1366x768 resolution, not all the elements are in the screen, what i mean is for example the green button in the bottom, of course that text can be longer than that, but functionallity assets not, in my opinion.
01-25-2014 12:14 AM
Rubeus Offline

When did scrolling go out of style? The way I see it, if you are going to be using a crappy device with a small screen and/or low resolution, you should be prepared to zoom and scroll. You can't put that on the site designer.

Let's just be glad no one is using blinking text and scrolling marquees any more.
01-25-2014 02:47 PM
gwald Offline

(01-21-2014 11:46 PM)Rofar Wrote:  and another opinion: I think I am a minority on this type of thing but I could care less what a web site looks like. The only thing I care about is response time and being able to easily find what I am looking for. I think the old one was fine and I think the new one is a little better. I do think many people form product opinions based on how snazzy the site is. I am not one of these people however.
I agree, I like the feature page! that should be page one lol
I like the flow, nice and simple, good work!

@sivan People looking for a good game engine, don't look for a flashy website, they go straight to the feature list.

@yasei_no_otoko I agree, more a lot more geek on twitter then facebook grin
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 12:25 AM by gwald.)
01-26-2014 12:23 AM
joacorock Offline

(01-25-2014 02:47 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  When did scrolling go out of style? The way I see it, if you are going to be using a crappy device with a small screen and/or low resolution, you should be prepared to zoom and scroll. You can't put that on the site designer.

Let's just be glad no one is using blinking text and scrolling marquees any more.
I didn't said no scrolling, I said that the important things must be in a no scrolling area.

And for the mobile thing, sorry but you are wrong, that's not the way it works.
01-26-2014 04:48 PM
Ozmodian Offline

Once quick question on the forums being over here now. I use the feature on the old site of show today's posts. Now it only shows me any unread posts from today instead of all of today's posts. Is there a way to see all from the current day on the new site?

Thanks
01-27-2014 07:48 PM