About Store Forum Documentation Contact

File reading of media
Alexsee Offline

File reading of media
I believe the following requirement may interact with the use of UIDs for file names. I tend to write small applications/experiments that need to read structured information from text files. Each line, fixed number of fields, may be considered to be a set of parameters (ints) as well as the name or names of media files (e.g., image files). For each line I create a separate display, trial, then await keyboard response. This then brings me to the question, is this even possible in Esenthel where all media file names are encoded? Or, is this possible without jumping a lot of hoops and if so is there a clear demonstration somewhere? I think I've seen reference to others suggesting that the application can have its own editor which still leaves me at ground zero when using Esenthel.

Users will need the option to edit that text/parameter file.

Thanks.
02-16-2014 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: File reading of media
02-18-2014 12:45 AM
Alexsee Offline

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't think that will work in my case (cognitive experiments). In most instances the assets are not identified until run-time, then presented in a controlled and/or random sequence. However, I assume in certain instances I could just create a large switch statement, enumerating each as UIDs for access, and not allow freedom for assets to be user modified.
02-18-2014 12:49 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,
what about this?
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=doc#Project_Files
Quote:If you need to access the name of Elements, from your game, without using the Editor Network Interface there, then please first extract the necessary data using the Editor Network Interface, save it to a file, import that file to your project, load that file in your game, and use the data there.
02-19-2014 11:19 PM