About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Web JS compiles but won't run
ronghester Offline

RE: Web JS compiles but won't run
@marbasoft : I suppose you have to build the application first selecting the webjs type. Try clean or rebuild it should solve your problem. Make sure you have emscripted installed other wise some wired error will come while building.

Upto building is fine but I am not sure you will be able to run it, let me know if you do.

Thanks
04-24-2014 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marbasoft Offline

(04-24-2014 07:42 PM)ronghester Wrote:  @marbasoft : I suppose you have to build the application first selecting the webjs type. Try clean or rebuild it should solve your problem. Make sure you have emscripted installed other wise some wired error will come while building.

Upto building is fine but I am not sure you will be able to run it, let me know if you do.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply smile

Emscripten is installed, I tried version 1.12.0 (32bit) and 1.16.0 (64bit) with visual studio express 2010 installed.
I'll try to build before publish, but I'm not sure it's the problem (when I publish, I can see Esenthel Editor build the project). I'll be back after a try grin
04-25-2014 06:42 AM
Marbasoft Offline

(04-24-2014 07:42 PM)ronghester Wrote:  @marbasoft : I suppose you have to build the application first selecting the webjs type. Try clean or rebuild it should solve your problem. Make sure you have emscripted installed other wise some wired error will come while building.

Thanks

After the try, i have the same problem :

My folder _Build_/Web App :
[Image: webapp_build.png]

My folder _Build_/Web App/Emscripten/Realease :
[Image: webapp_build_emscripten_release.png]

My file _Build_/Web App/Emscripten/Realease/Project.log :
Code:
La génération a démarré 25/04/2014 08:48:26.
     1>Projet "D:\documents\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Web App\Project.vcxproj" sur le nœud 2 (build cible(s)).
     1>InitializeBuildStatus:
         Création de "Emscripten\Release\Web App.unsuccessfulbuild", car "AlwaysCreate" a été spécifié.
       ClCompile:
         C:\Emscripten\emscripten\1.12.0\emcc.bat
         stdafx.cpp
         Auto.cpp
         Main.cpp
         Commands.cpp
       Link:
         C:\Emscripten\emscripten\1.12.0\emcc.bat Emscripten/Release/stdafx.o Emscripten/Release/Auto.o Emscripten/Release/Main.o Emscripten/Release/Commands.o -o "D:/documents/Esenthel/Projects/_Build_/Web App/Emscripten/Release/Web App.exe" -O2 D:/documents/Esenthel/Bin/EsenthelEngine.bc --memory-init-file 1 -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1 --closure 0 --minify 0
     1>GCCLINK : warning root: Disabling asm.js validation for memory growth (memory can grow, but you lose some amount of speed)
         Project.vcxproj -> D:\documents\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Web App\Emscripten\Release\Web App.exe
       FinalizeBuildStatus:
         Suppression du fichier "Emscripten\Release\Web App.unsuccessfulbuild".
         Mise à jour de l'horodatage "Emscripten\Release\Web App.lastbuildstate".
     1>Génération du projet "D:\documents\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Web App\Project.vcxproj" terminée (build cible(s)).

La génération a réussi.

Temps écoulé 00:00:06.28
In french "La génération a réussi." means "Generation successful".

My folder _Publish_/Web App :
[Image: webapp_publish.png]

My folder _Publish_/Web App/Bin :
[Image: webapp_publish_bin.png]
04-25-2014 08:25 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

@Marbasoft, in the compilation log I see "Web App.exe", however it should be "Web App.js"
Can you select "Web JS" target, then "Open in Visual Studio" and browse through project settings (first setting Platform to "Emscripten") to see if the build settings have "js" or "exe" somewhere?
Mine have "js" everywhere.
04-25-2014 08:55 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(04-22-2014 08:26 AM)ronghester Wrote:  But nothing seems to be solving this shader problem. I remember I got this kind of error with samsung S3 last year.
This is a different issue, this is indication of the data being downloaded as corrupt.

Can you:
make sure you have the latest browser, try latest: Chrome, Firefox, Opera.
If all have the same issue:
Please in EE Editor press Ctrl+F8 for publishing, disable "secure".
Publish everything, upload the result to your website.
Let me know the results, and let me know the link to your website for testing.
04-25-2014 08:58 AM
Marbasoft Offline

(04-25-2014 08:55 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  @Marbasoft, in the compilation log I see "Web App.exe", however it should be "Web App.js"
Can you select "Web JS" target, then "Open in Visual Studio" and browse through project settings (first setting Platform to "Emscripten") to see if the build settings have "js" or "exe" somewhere?
Mine have "js" everywhere.

Target Extension is ".exe" :( i just have to replace ".exe" by ".js" ?
04-25-2014 08:58 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

It should be "js" automatically.
Can you do:
1. "Build\Export\Visual Studio 2010" and send me the "*.vcxproj.*" files
2. Then Open the project files in your VS, close the VS so it resaves any changes if any, and again send me the "*.vcxproj.*" files
Perhaps your VS version does not handle well the plugin that comes with Emscripten? Perhaps it's because you have a French version of VS
04-25-2014 09:05 AM
Marbasoft Offline

(04-25-2014 09:05 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  It should be "js" automatically.
Can you do:
1. "Build\Export\Visual Studio 2010" and send me the "*.vcxproj.*" files
2. Then Open the project files in your VS, close the VS so it resaves any changes if any, and again send me the "*.vcxproj.*" files
Perhaps your VS version does not handle well the plugin that comes with Emscripten? Perhaps it's because you have a French version of VS

Files sent, I'll googling about French VS with Emscripten vs tool smile

Edit :
After some search i found this :
https://github.com/juj/vs-tool/issues/32
and this :
https://github.com/juj/vs-tool/issues/25

I added

Code:
<PropertyGroup Condition="'$(TargetExt)' == '.exe'">
    <LinkCompiled>true</LinkCompiled>
    <TargetExt>.js</TargetExt>
    <LocalDebuggerCommand Condition="'$(EMSCRIPTEN_JSENGINE)' != ''">$(EMSCRIPTEN_JSENGINE)</LocalDebuggerCommand>
    <LocalDebuggerCommand Condition="'$(EMSCRIPTEN_JSENGINE)' == ''">$(VCTargetsPath)\Platforms\Emscripten\run_in_node.bat</LocalDebuggerCommand>
    <TargetPath Condition="'$(TargetPath)' == ''">$([System.IO.Path]::Combine($(ProjectDir),$(OutDir)$(TargetName)$(TargetExt)))</TargetPath>
    <LocalDebuggerCommandArguments>$(TargetPath)</LocalDebuggerCommandArguments>
  </PropertyGroup>
in the file MSBuild/Microsoft.Cpp/v4.0/Platforms/Emscripten/Microsoft.Cpp.Emscripten.props and now, my target ext is ".js" after export to VS2010.

Now I've other problem due to my PATH environment variable because there is accent... Thanks a lot for the help smile
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2014 10:11 AM by Marbasoft.)
04-25-2014 09:22 AM
ronghester Offline

(04-25-2014 08:58 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  
(04-22-2014 08:26 AM)ronghester Wrote:  But nothing seems to be solving this shader problem. I remember I got this kind of error with samsung S3 last year.
This is a different issue, this is indication of the data being downloaded as corrupt.

Can you:
make sure you have the latest browser, try latest: Chrome, Firefox, Opera.
If all have the same issue:
Please in EE Editor press Ctrl+F8 for publishing, disable "secure".
Publish everything, upload the result to your website.
Let me know the results, and let me know the link to your website for testing.

All browsers are latest, and I can also run the demo in my browser hosted on esenthel.com (I just installed the latest version of firefox and tested there same error as it was in chrome).

Okay I published everything (secure was always disable) material : always simplify, compression : no compression and uploaded everything here.
http://ec2-54-242-121-160.compute-1.amaz...20App.html

(while building I selected directx10+ & 64 bit).
04-26-2014 01:00 PM
ronghester Offline

Any clue? On why it is happening.
04-30-2014 08:21 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Your engine pak does not contain the necessary files, hence the error.
Are you using a different engine libraries and different engine data?
Please upgrade to the latest version.
05-01-2014 12:39 AM
ronghester Offline

I recently downloaded the engine installer and started this experiment. And it is new computer so I doubt that is happening.

I will download and install the new version, and let you know.
05-01-2014 07:07 PM
cmontiel Offline

I've downloaded EE 2.0 today and payed month subscription.
I'm getting same issue of ronghester. Changing manually .exe to .js seems work, but I get this log:

Code:
1>GCCLINK : warning root: Disabling asm.js validation for memory growth (memory can grow, but you lose some amount of speed)
1>GCCLINK : warning : Linking two modules of different data layouts: 'c:/users/cmontiel/appdata/local/temp/tmpzlxazr/EsenthelEngine_4.o' is 'e-i1:8:8-i8:8:8-i16:16:16-i32:32:32-i64:64:64-f32:32:32-f64:64:64-p:32:32:32-v128:32:32' whereas 'c:/users/cmontiel/appdata/local/temp/tmpzlxazr/stdafx_0.o' is 'e-i1:8:8-i8:8:8-i16:16:16-i32:32:32-i64:64:64-f32:32:32-f64:64:64-p:32:32:32-v128:32:128-n32-S128'
1>GCCLINK : warning : Linking two modules of different target triples: c:/users/cmontiel/appdata/local/temp/tmpzlxazr/EsenthelEngine_4.o' is 'le32-unknown-nacl' whereas 'c:/users/cmontiel/appdata/local/temp/tmpzlxazr/stdafx_0.o' is 'asmjs-unknown-emscripten'
1>GCCLINK : warning : unresolved symbol: _Z7Preloadv
1>GCCLINK : warning : Output contains some very large functions, consider using OUTLINING_LIMIT to break them up (see settings.js)

In web i get this error too:

missing function: _Z7Preloadv

Maybe is something related with EsenthelEngine.bc ?
06-17-2014 10:27 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Welcome to the subscribers camp smile

Preload is a function you need to provide for WEB platform, like InitPre.
Please check the "web app" tutorial included.
06-18-2014 01:40 AM
cmontiel Offline

Thx, its working now.

Edit: My VS defaults target extesion = .exe and creates .exe and .html files but not .js.

If I change target extension = .js then I get .js file only.

target extension = .html i get .html and .js files.

So here is my Microsoft.Cpp.Emscripten.props with target = .html , it also renames .mem file in a post build event.

Now when i click on "publish" in EE editor it works perfect smile.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Microsoft.Cpp.Emscripten.zip (Size: 958 bytes / Downloads: 2)
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 05:22 AM by cmontiel.)
06-18-2014 02:22 AM