About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Compiler Error On Tutorial Project
Jon Offline

Compiler Error On Tutorial Project
Hi!
I have a beginner question pfft

I've installed Esenthel, and Visual Studio 2010 Express for C++.

Within the default Tutorial project, I first set the compiler path to where VS is installed, then I opened up the first example program and attempted to run it.

I got numerous errors which are here:

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\@DRAW_GROUP_CHR.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\@ITEM_TYPE.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\@OBJ_TYPE.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\Auto.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\Auto.cpp"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\CLIENT_SERVER_COMMANDS.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\@ClientInfo.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\Shared\Commands.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\Shared\Commands.cpp"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Main.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Main.cpp"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\@@forward.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Source\@@headers.h"

"Error writing to file "C:\Program Files(x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\stdafx.h"

"Error copying "Code/icon.ico" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\icon.ico"

I looked around the forums for an answer to this, and couldn't find one.
I'm running on Windows 8, and have the latest version of the Esenthel demo.

Jon
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 02:45 AM by Jon.)
03-17-2014 02:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Compiler Error On Tutorial Project
That looks like a windows permissions error. I notice that your project directory is under Program Files(x86) which is probably not a good place to have it as Windows tends to restrict writes to this directory under normal operation.

I'd suggest re-installing it under another directory or moving the project directory say under 'My Documents". The Installation Instructions advise installing under C:\Esenthel
03-17-2014 08:29 AM
Jon Offline

RE: Compiler Error On Tutorial Project
(03-17-2014 08:29 AM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  That looks like a windows permissions error. I notice that your project directory is under Program Files(x86) which is probably not a good place to have it as Windows tends to restrict writes to this directory under normal operation.

I'd suggest re-installing it under another directory or moving the project directory say under 'My Documents". The Installation Instructions advise installing under C:\Esenthel
Reinstalled in a different location.
Works like a charm now, thanks for the help!
Jon
03-17-2014 11:55 PM