About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Price Slash - Esenthel is the best deal out there
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Price Slash - Esenthel is the best deal out there
Rejoice!

After gathering some feedback, prices have been adjusted more than slightly:

When going with the yearly binary you end up paying as little as 9.50/Month
-which is 40 cents cheaper than CryEngine and you get 5 more platforms supported
-when compared to Unreal it is 2x cheaper and has ZERO royalties
-when compared to full version of Unity it is 25x cheaper

When going with the yearly source, you end up paying 19/Month
-which is exactly the same as Unreal, except ZERO royalties

I've made a full engines comparison here - http://www.esenthel.com/?id=compare

I'm completely confident that this is the best deal out there, and that this is a steal!

Get your licenses http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store before I change my mind wink

(Customers who already bought licenses with the prices from few days ago will have automatically their licenses extended proportionally).
04-09-2014 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

RE: Price Slash - Esenthel is the best deal out there
Nice great change I thank you for this generous offer .
I wish I be able to gather money for the source code license soon smile
04-09-2014 10:23 PM
DoerrSt Offline

Thanks for the source-code license :-) Best price out there now!
04-09-2014 10:40 PM
rstralberg Offline

Will buy asap. Great offer :-)

Edit: Later ... and done (one year subscription)
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 09:51 AM by rstralberg.)
04-09-2014 10:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

(04-09-2014 11:47 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  Not much response from the community must mean everyone else is very pleased with this offer as well grin

Yup because now it's more affordable and comparable to everyone

and even the source code license is even more attractive smile
04-10-2014 12:05 AM
para Offline

I'm NOT rejoicing, but I will support you and get the source license soon, and not because of this price slash. The price has always been more than fair.

I don't care about cryengine or unreal, I care about EE because this is my engine of choice, I didn't choose it because it was the best deal/cheapest, but because it fits, more then other engines I've tried (and I did try quite a lot, even free open source ones). That's a big compliment. You won't loose my business over a few cheaper offers from the competition, but you will loose it if you stop caring/listening and start doing stupid things just because everybody else is.

And just for the record, I wanted to buy another 2.0 license early this year anyway (but misfortune hit and I went broke) ... to support YOU, to keep you working on it full time. I did consider donating towards one of the options, but I REALLY dislike the switching of licenses just so I can work on another computer at home. Another thing I don't like is working in demo mode half the time just because I have a crappy internet connection. Alleviating some of these, now over that I would rejoice!

In short, you'll get (and would have gotten) my support in a couple of days, regardless of the recent changes and my dislike for some of the implications made by the new license, because the engine is awesome. (for me)
04-10-2014 12:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SamerK Offline

Thank you so much Greg, great price change, expect my purchase soon.

I extremely appreciate that you considered Esenthel community concerns, also you showed a true professional attitude with humbleness towards this matter ( I'm sure other companies will never act quickly as you did ) .

____
@para. for sure, no doubt, Esenthel engine is a true gem it deserves maximum support from all.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 12:38 AM by SamerK.)
04-10-2014 12:30 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

This certainly is an interesting price break and I sincerely hope this brings in lots of new licensed developers for you and secures the future success of the engine.

I have however decided to continue my game development with version 2.0 for now as I feel ownership of the software provides more security for me. Although I think game engine rental works well for small/medium sized teams with small startup capital I don't inherently like the concept of paying out and never actually owning anything. I am only considering continuing with version 2.0, given that it's now unsupported, due to the inherent stability of the engine and the fact that I was happy I could make my game with the original specifications.

I will keep an interested eye on development of 3.0 especially if it eventually sees some needed improvements to the to the Editor functionality. Some Undo support is pretty essential and the addition of the obvious missing tools would be nice too. These would benefit everyone regardless of the final build platform. In my opinion the engine would definitely benefit from the addition of support for Hardware Instancing too.

As I'm already licensed for 3.0 it does give me an escape route should something in 2.0 prove a show stopper but either way I can play around with it when I get the time and who knows ... by the time my renewal is up the purchase model may have changed again or I may have warmed to the concept of renting rather than owning wink
04-10-2014 12:56 AM
Rubeus Offline

I guess it's time to neander on over to the store and pick me up a source license. Mwahahaha
04-10-2014 12:58 AM
knocks Offline

I value perpetual licensing over any price reduction.
04-10-2014 03:09 AM
Marbasoft Offline

Thanks a lot Greg for your effort, I'll purchase the full source license soon too ! (when i get enough to buy it grin)
04-10-2014 09:50 AM
kevindekever Offline

(04-09-2014 11:47 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  Not much response from the community must mean everyone else is very pleased with this offer as well grin

i read the news, when they appear. But last time i was the first who got a bad feeling in this and i don't want to be it again.

(04-10-2014 01:43 AM)aceio76 Wrote:  @pixel when do you truly "own" anything?!? It's an illusion, just buy the source license damnit! grin

Yeah because EE2.0 is not offline. But for me it is still a rentalsystem.
Yes you have no royalties compared to udk. But you can continue using UDK after subscription.

It is a cheap offer but nothing to me. I will stay to 2.0, same like pixel said, finding ways of workarround
04-10-2014 09:54 AM
yvanvds Offline

Just bought the source license. Really, it is a nice piece of code. I would even recommend people to buy it for study purposes, if you don't really need it. It's only the price of 4 c++ books and you'll learn a lot from it.

If anything, i feel a bit dirty for getting it this cheap. It's worth a lot more than 160 Euro's a year.

No offence, but if anyone thinks this a bad deal, it might be wise to reconsider their own business plan instead of criticising this one. I mean, you get a full source license for only a penny's worth. If you can't turn that into a profit, isn't time to reconsider the way you're doing business?
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 02:07 AM by yvanvds.)
04-11-2014 01:47 AM
Nito Vermilion Offline

(04-11-2014 01:47 AM)yvanvds Wrote:  Just bought the source license. Really, it is a nice piece of code. I would even recommend people to buy it for study purposes, if you don't really need it. It's only the price of 4 c++ books and you'll learn a lot from it.
(...)

this.

I recently finished my AI Test Project and thought, hey why not check it out and I am impressed by it for now.

Thank for giving us this nice opportunity.

I still have to do many artistic things (skill icons and think of a GUI Style) but on the basics this helps really much understanding it even more.
04-11-2014 02:26 AM
TheElk Offline

Hello Esenthel

Since 2.0 is no longer being supported will you be making it so we do not have to be connected to the net to use it.

Thank you
TheElk
04-11-2014 10:01 AM