About Store Forum Documentation Contact

New Medieval House
Shatterstar Offline

New Medieval House
Hey guys...sorry I haven't been around in a while. here is a new model that I just finished. I'm thinking about maybe selling in the asset store. not sure, yet. anyways...I hope you like. smile

Attached File(s) Image(s)

04-22-2014 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nito Vermilion Offline

RE: New Medieval House
looks incredible, very detailed and it looks like a real house - not like those unstable objects which look like they collapse in no time. Sadly I do not need houses in my game xD
04-22-2014 09:05 PM
rstralberg Offline

Really nice work there
04-22-2014 09:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

good job
04-22-2014 09:49 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Very nice and good to see you back again Shatterstar.

I like the attempt at making it look weathered, too many medieval style modellers make their buildings look too pristine! Maybe the rock walls and thatching could do with some discolouring but otherwise looks great.

Do these have interiors too?
04-23-2014 11:27 AM
Shatterstar Offline

No interiors, but they will. I've already made some interiors already. Pristine I think is not bad as long as a house has at least a few flaws, and the material being used to make the building also has flaws. If we could go into a time machine and go back in time, I'm sure we would see a bunch of old and new looking houses in cities, just like you do today. My own towns for my game will have a mix of both, just like in a real town. As for the roof, I've seen a lot of crappy looking houses, with replaced roofs in the real world. roof repair is probably the most common house repair. So an old house with nice thatch doesn't bother me at all. thanks for sharing your opinion though. thanks everybody for saying nice things about it. Here is one that you might like better Pixel Perfect. It is a version that is made for a house in the forest with a mossy ground.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 11:42 PM by Shatterstar.)
04-23-2014 09:45 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Yeah, I much prefer the mossy one. I like the staining on the rock walls too! Very nice smile Excellent work!
04-24-2014 12:14 AM
knocks Offline

That’s looking really nice Shattterstar! A slight bevel or some edge smoothing on the top edges of the roof would enhance the thatch look.

You are certainly capturing the period well.wink
04-24-2014 06:31 AM
Tottel Offline

Hi again, Shatter smile

It looks really good! I think the roof is a bit too boring though, have a look at this: http://wiki.polycount.com/ModularMountAn...Mod_02.jpg

It's in Polish, but I think you'll get the idea.
Also, more from the same guy, if you're interested: http://wiki.polycount.com/ModularMountAndBlade
04-24-2014 08:01 AM
georgatos7 Offline

The model looks indeed very nice, the only part i can see that can be improved is indeed the roof and the thread in Polish that was posted above has some nice techniques.
Also an "ingame" view with the complete textures can make the difference as far as i have experienced until now.
04-24-2014 07:21 PM
Shatterstar Offline

yeah...I agree. In game makes all the difference. I have bump and normal maps set up for this model too. but I don't like how my computer renders them in blender. I'll make another pic post soon with them in game. also almost everything is beveled. Including the roof, but its a blender thing. its just not going to look as good in blender as it does in Esenthel.
04-27-2014 10:46 PM