About Store Forum Documentation Contact

RPG 2 source code building error
gusrbehfdl Offline

RPG 2 source code building error
Hi, I'm a beginner of computer science and eager to learn about esenthel engine...
so I downloaded and installed following the direction, tried to build with visual studio 2008 but got this :

1>------ Build started: Project: Esenthel RPG 2, Configuration: Debug DX10+ Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Chr.cpp
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\chr.cpp(309) : error C2794: 'itemDropDown' : is not a member of any direct or indirect base class of 'Chr'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\chr.cpp(309) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const EE::Matrix *' to 'EE::Game::Obj *'
1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\chr.cpp(569) : error C3861: 'itemGetFrom': identifier not found
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\chr.cpp(575) : error C3861: 'itemPutTo': identifier not found
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\chr.cpp(581) : error C3861: 'itemPutTo': identifier not found
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\chr.cpp(589) : error C3861: 'itemPickUp': identifier not found
1>Fireball.cpp
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\fireball.cpp(26) : error C2039: 'life_total' : is not a member of 'EE::Particles'
1> c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\esenthelengine\graphics\particle.h(39) : see declaration of 'EE::Particles'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\fireball.cpp(146) : error C2039: 'life_cur' : is not a member of 'EE::Particles'
1> c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\esenthelengine\graphics\particle.h(39) : see declaration of 'EE::Particles'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\fireball.cpp(147) : error C2039: 'life_total' : is not a member of 'EE::Particles'
1>Inventory Gui.cpp
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\inventory gui.cpp(78) : error C2039: 'draw_mode' : is not a member of 'EE::List<TYPE>'
1> with
1> [
1> TYPE=Item
1> ]
1>Item.cpp
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\item.cpp(109) : error C2794: 'pickedUp' : is not a member of any direct or indirect base class of 'Item'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\item.cpp(109) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\item.cpp(115) : error C2794: 'droppedDown' : is not a member of any direct or indirect base class of 'Item'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\item.cpp(115) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
1>Main.cpp
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\main.cpp(102) : error C3861: 'ConfigLoad': identifier not found
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\main.cpp(140) : error C3861: 'ConfigSave': identifier not found
1>Menu.cpp
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\menu.cpp(160) : error C2039: 'showAll' : is not a member of 'EE::Mesh'
1> c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\esenthelengine\mesh\mesh mesh.h(18) : see declaration of 'EE::Mesh'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\menu.cpp(160) : error C2228: left of '.draw' must have class/struct/union
1>Player.cpp
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\player.cpp(51) : error C2039: 'hide' : is not a member of 'EE::Mesh'
1> c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\esenthelengine\mesh\mesh mesh.h(18) : see declaration of 'EE::Mesh'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\player.cpp(196) : error C2794: 'itemPickUp' : is not a member of any direct or indirect base class of 'Player'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\player.cpp(295) : error C2039: 'life_total' : is not a member of 'EE::Particles'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\player.cpp(307) : error C2039: 'life_total' : is not a member of 'EE::Particles'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\player.cpp(526) : error C2039: 'hide' : is not a member of 'EE::Mesh'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\player.cpp(527) : error C2039: 'show' : is not a member of 'EE::Mesh'
1>Storage.cpp
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\storage.cpp(57) : error C2039: 'draw_mode' : is not a member of 'EE::List<TYPE>'
1> with
1> [
1> TYPE=EE::Game::Obj
1> ]
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\storage.cpp(132) : error C2039: 'itemPutTo' : is not a member of 'Player'
1> c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\player.h(6) : see declaration of 'Player'
1>c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\storage.cpp(136) : error C2039: 'itemGetFrom' : is not a member of 'Player'
1> c:\users\aa\desktop\menu\esenthelenginesdk\project\esenthel rpg 2\source\player.h(6) : see declaration of 'Player'
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\aa\Desktop\Menu\EsenthelEngineSDK\Project\Esenthel RPG 2\Debug DX10+\BuildLog.htm"
1>Esenthel RPG 2 - 27 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have fresh installed visual studio, recent esenthel, and source codes(of course dll's and data, engine.pak all in place).

Any help please?

thanks.
05-01-2014 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: RPG 2 source code building error
I found that 2008 has some issues; try installing/using VS2012 or 2013 with WinSDK7.1. The WinSDK has the 2010 32/64 compliler(VS2010 Express does not have the x64), but you must uninstall VS2010 for the WinSDK to not fail.
05-01-2014 02:23 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Are you using latest version of your Esenthel Engine version?
Did you download the correct rpg source for your version?
05-01-2014 08:50 PM
gusrbehfdl Offline

thank you both...
//Rebeus, I remember running RPG source code with VS 2008 with my old laptop and there's got to be another way... I don't know when and I'll get VS2012 but when I have that chance, I'll try it.

//Esenthel administrator, I just re-downloaded, re-installed esenthel SDK. I have Esenthel 1.0 and so I downloaded RPG2 source code and data for Esenthel 1.0 but kept getting the same error messages...
05-02-2014 02:58 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi, 1.0 is no longer supported since long time ago.
It looks like those are just name changes
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=1617
05-02-2014 10:17 PM
gusrbehfdl Offline

thanks for the reply again,
but could you feel me in here little more?
I purchased esenthel personal license when there's no 1.0 or 2.0 difference.
then I had to be in army for couple years with no outer world connection.
Then I get this that 1.0 is no longer supported... maybe a link to a page explaining this?
05-03-2014 09:12 AM
Dwight Offline

A lot has happened, and I would suggest you would just start with the topic here in this forum what you last read, and read them all:

http://esenthel.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=102

In short: After EE 1.0, Esenthel decided to create a 2.0 editor which allowed for real-time editing in a team [so I can set up a server, and people can connect, and we can build the game together, without sending eachother the file projects], which was a per-seat license. A limited support was still given for 1.0.
After, however, Esenthel decided to follow the general movement of the game-engine industry and hop over to a subscription based model, which gave birth to "Esenthel Engine". We occasionally refer to it as EE 3.0 for simplicity.
05-03-2014 10:29 AM
candam Offline

(05-03-2014 09:12 AM)gusrbehfdl Wrote:  thanks for the reply again,
but could you feel me in here little more?
I purchased esenthel personal license when there's no 1.0 or 2.0 difference.
then I had to be in army for couple years with no outer world connection.
Then I get this that 1.0 is no longer supported... maybe a link to a page explaining this?

It's quite easy pal smile

Greg determined to release a brand new engine every special amount of time
so he had version 1 . Then he releases Esenthel v2 which is the same engine but totally different new editor with new workflow
here is the link explaining the new release
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=5416
.Then after one year and several months Greg goes on with creating another new license model which is the subscription system which mostly the big ones have taken this model
here is some links explaining what's going on because you maybe was absent for a long time
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=7634

Take your time

Everything changes according to the owner of the software and the market needs

Cheers !
05-03-2014 10:39 AM
gusrbehfdl Offline

thanks everyone again for the kind replies,
I felt that Esenthel has been grown up and good for all.
then it comes down to this question.
Is my purchased license(back than it was personal license for 1 commercial program) support a program that I make with Esenthel v2?
or does it only support Esenthel v1 which is not supported anymore?
05-24-2014 08:17 PM
Rubeus Offline

If you release on v2 or v3(current version), you need to have the appropriate license. You can still develope and release on v1 with the v1 license, though.
05-24-2014 08:25 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Your 1.0 license is valid only for 1.0.
Which you can still continue to use.
But if you want to work with latest edition and features then you would need to subscribe to binary or source licenses.
05-24-2014 09:11 PM