About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Medieval House 3
Shatterstar Offline

Medieval House 3
this is the third house that I made for a town. These pictures are taken inside blender and not the game engine. I have made normal maps but they are not rendered in the pictures. I hope you like. smile

Attached File(s) Image(s)

05-06-2014 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgatos7 Offline

RE: Medieval House 3
Wow thats an awesome design and the texture and dirt amount is very detailed and is fitting nicely.

I like it very much.

Only minor change i would probably do is some more baked ambient occlusion and maybe a color matching on the roof (like in the example below) but that's just personal preference and the model is really well made already.

[Image: hroppd.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 07:03 PM by georgatos7.)
05-06-2014 07:02 PM
Rubeus Offline

Why color-match the roof? Shatterstar's roof has the color of a relatively new thatched roof. Color matched, it looks like it's supposed to be the same substance as the areas under the windows when using that texture. It looks cheap.
See: http://paulinescookbook.files.wordpress....edroof.jpg
05-06-2014 08:07 PM
georgatos7 Offline

Well i'm more of a "the less color variation the better" guy.
So i tend to prefer the more unified looking assets but that's just personal preference and there is absulutely no right or wrong in these matters. In fact i like how for example cryengine and the crysis assets tend to look and i mean more saturated and they let the sunlight add to the color.

For the specific example i meant that i would prefer a wooden type of roof with a similar amount of wear and dirt as the rest of the wood in the building than a straw like roof but again that's just me and i'm not more fit to decide about the art style of a world than the creator himself.

Anyway those are nice looking, quality assets already. Looking forward to see them ingame.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 08:59 PM by georgatos7.)
05-06-2014 08:23 PM
Koniu Offline

Oh, I wanted write some like ,,where is normal map" but after few seconds I saw your notice. The building looks very good, you're going good way, You have my ,,like" smile
Remember, normal map or bump map is very important if you want to get good looks, I believe you have it. Have to upload some pictures from engine for better looks!
05-06-2014 11:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

hehe...I love it when my models trigger a debate. so I'm going to address everyone here.

Rubeus- You are completely right. You can't make everything look old on a house all the time. because if you do, all your models will look the same, and then the whole town will look cheap.

Georgator7- You are also right, I think the color of the roof should change to be more saturated, but I'm not changing it for personal preference. I'm changing it because the first tutor house I made has the same color thatch. the two roofs need to look like they had been made two different times, so therefore they need to be two different colors. About less color, game engine world shader/filter, controls how saturated a world looks. not the model themselves. that's usually how color is handled for a game.

Koniu- you seem to be my biggest fan. lol. You've been commenting on my stuff for a long time now. I appreciate it. thank you. I'll build a small town with these assets within the next few months. I want to get a few more houses done first.

Georgators Again- Thanks for saying, "that's an awesome design!" It means a lot to me that people like my stuff. It motivates me to keep posting my work.

To everyone here- I like Esenthel, and love testing my work in Esenthel. However, I doubt my game will be made with Esenthel because I can't find a programmer. I've been working on this game in a different game engine that I won't say except through private messages. But if there are any good programmers in this community that might be interested in making a game with me, then just tell me. If you can prove you got the right stuff, I might make the switch back to Esenthel. Thanks everybody, for following my work. smile
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 01:55 AM by Shatterstar.)
05-07-2014 01:51 AM
Koniu Offline

I've commented because I see potential at you which You can't miss my bro!
With small advices you can do a lot of things in 3d
05-07-2014 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply