About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Importing Models
JamesProctor Offline

Importing Models
Ok So I'm attempting to import some of our Models. they are all fbx files and they import no problem... Our textures are all dds textures and for some reason they all show up as black (The Model looks to be untextured). Does Esenthel support dds textures and if so is there something that needs to be done that I'm not doing?
06-17-2014 05:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgatos7 Offline

RE: Importing Models
Any reason why you are working with dds files?

I don't have a problem importing dds textures but i guess there are many settings to them. I guess Esenthel might ask you to be more specific.

Do you have problems when you are dragging the texture alone or is it only when they get imported with a model?

When the black texture is imported do you see any constant message saying "loading" while previewing?

Are you sure it's the textures or are the RGB of the material set to 0 when imported?
06-17-2014 07:13 PM
JamesProctor Offline

We are creating a Prototype for our MMO because we are thinking about switching from Unity to Esenthel. We have bought alot of assets off the Unity Asset Store and some of them came with dds textures. They work fine in Unity so I know it's not an issue with the texture.

The RGB settings are all set to 1. I didn't notice any loading messages or anything. It happens both when I drag and Drop a dds texture into the Color Slot AND when the textures get imported automatically.

I have some assets with other texture formats and they work no problem.
06-17-2014 07:31 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi, this may happen if your FBX files contain vertex color information set to zero.
Click the top right combobox (when in Object Editor) and select "Remove\Vertex Color"
06-18-2014 02:09 AM