About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Inesis Online Won't Compile - Error C2794
jessejarvis Offline

Inesis Online Won't Compile - Error C2794
Hello all, just bought the Inesis Online source code and wen't to compile it (For what I assume I have is Esenthel 2.0, just bought it a few days ago). And installed the project.

It says to build it, and when I went it it says:

"Source/Shared/Blocks.cpp(25): error C2794: 'buildMesh' : is not a member of and direct or indirect base class of 'Blocks2'"

and

"Source/Shared/Blocks.cpp(37): error C2794: 'createPhysBody' : is not a member of and direct or indirect base class of 'Blocks2'"

And then the build fails.

Am I doing something wrong? Just trying to start out with a solid base to work from, and this seems perfect.

Edit: I commented out those 2 lines temporarily and the build succeeded, I read something about it being because of "super" and a non existant function. However I'd still like it fixed or solved so I'll look around smile

Edit 2: And then a slew of new errors for Client. Is the source outdated?

Edit 3: I replaced a lot of out of date code and got it compiling. Having an issue connecting to server though, I put in the IP in the constants files like it wanted but still getting a "Server is unavailable or you are offline" error. Looking into this too.

Well, kind of starting to regret my purchase now. Can't find any information whatsoever that is helpful as to why I can't connect to it, and the only official documentation just simply says:
Quote:Now let's start Ineisis on Local Machine.
Open "Ineisis" project.
Build and run "Ineisis Server" application in "Windows EXE / Mac APP / Linux" configuration.
Build and run "Ineisis Client" application in "Windows EXE / Mac APP / Linux" configuration.

Which is not exactly working in this case. Well, it compiles and runs, but will not connect.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 08:12 PM by jessejarvis.)
08-11-2014 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Inesis Online Won't Compile - Error C2794
Hi,

I've just compiled latest Ineisis sources with latest engine version without issues.

I suspect you've downloaded the wrong version, perhaps for "2.0"?

Please download this "Ineisis Online (for Esenthel)"

When you start the server by default it will try to assign itself to port 65535
like this: 192.168.2.4:65535

Connecting on the client is done here:
"Ineisis Client/Select Server"
Code:
bool Connect(Thread &thread)
{
   SockAddr sa;
   if(ConnectToLocal && !EE_PUBLISH)sa.setLocal(65535);else // never connect to local server when in publish build
   {
      if(!ServerIP.is())Exit("'ServerIP' variable not set.");
      sa.fromText(ServerIP+":65535");
   }
   if(Server.clientConnectToServer(sa))Server.tcpNoDelay(true);
   return false;
}

If you get a different port on the server, you can adjust your client codes to use that port.
08-12-2014 04:14 AM
jessejarvis Offline

RE: Inesis Online Won't Compile - Error C2794
Alright thank you very much, I will re-download it and update this whether it is successful or not. I ended up getting Esenthel MMO installed and working (Also 2.0). Was not sure what I had, must be 3.0 or something.

Server is unavailable or you're not connected to the internet. Trying to see why it says that.

Edit: Got it. I recommend in the Shared/Constants you change

Quote:const Str ServerIP="", // "X.X.X.X" format

to

Quote:const Str ServerIP="", // "X.X.X.X:port" format

I never knew it wanted the port in there.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014 02:51 PM by jessejarvis.)
08-12-2014 02:37 PM