RE: For the over-50s
RedOcktober I completely agree with you Yup grin
09-08-2014 03:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rstralberg Offline

HA! Very well put Mike wink
09-08-2014 03:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

Would it really be that much different than a kid starting their games through dos and playing around? It's all a matter of perspective, there is really no comparison, hell for some people even something as Lego was the top of the world and still is. wink

Besides, all game developers are damaged goods in one way or another. ;D
09-08-2014 05:58 PM
RedOcktober Offline

perfect example of what i said above... lol

Hey There Roland... long time no see...
i no longer waste much time at that other board... i have no intentions of contributing to that guys' retirement fund as the site has become lil more than a billing machine for hopes and dreams... the software doesn't work... is worse than the prior version... and i really can't stand by watching those poor guys get ripped off any more...

how's things going with the last game you had partnered with to develop... and are you working on anything here with Esenthel...

--Mike
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 06:41 PM by RedOcktober.)
09-08-2014 06:36 PM
rstralberg Offline

(09-08-2014 06:36 PM)RedOcktober Wrote:  perfect example of what i said above... lol

Hey There Roland... long time no see...
i no longer waste much time at that other board... i have no intentions of contributing to that guys' retirement fund as the site has become lil more than a billing machine for hopes and dreams... the software doesn't work... is worse than the prior version... and i really can't stand by watching those poor guys get ripped off any more...

how's things going with the last game you had partnered with to develop... and are you working on anything here with Esenthel...

--Mike
Hi Mike.
I'm still working on that game SCOT together with Chris and also a new one called HOSTILE in 'That other engine'. However I also make my own private project called DareWood using Esenthel (first screenshot in this thread), so I have no problems with what I should do with my free hours smile Guess I'm totally mad but that's OK ... guess we all are more or less.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 10:23 PM by rstralberg.)
09-08-2014 10:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rofar Offline

Although I remember the good ole days Mike is referring to, each generation has it's "good ole days". Even if mine are different from my sons, his has meaning to him just as mine do to me.

I think this was what Zervox is alluding to as well.
09-08-2014 10:26 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(09-08-2014 10:26 PM)Rofar Wrote:  Although I remember the good ole days Mike is referring to, each generation has it's "good ole days". Even if mine are different from my sons, his has meaning to him just as mine do to me.

I'd agree, it's all relative, however we seem to have completely lost track of the original subject of the thread which was 'looking forward to retirement'
09-09-2014 02:51 PM
rstralberg Offline

(09-09-2014 02:51 PM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 10:26 PM)Rofar Wrote:  Although I remember the good ole days Mike is referring to, each generation has it's "good ole days". Even if mine are different from my sons, his has meaning to him just as mine do to me.

I'd agree, it's all relative, however we seem to have completely lost track of the original subject of the thread which was 'looking forward to retirement'
Hahaha Pixel. That's because we are so old that we can't remember what the subject was smile
09-09-2014 02:54 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Ah so true Roland grin

Now to get back to my project .. The Kingdom of what?
09-09-2014 03:30 PM
3DRaddict Offline

lol lol

Never thought my original post would turn into this!
A good diversion for our mid-life crisis!
09-09-2014 04:48 PM