About Store Forum Documentation Contact

subscription model ,how does it work ?
compulsive compiler Offline

subscription model ,how does it work ?
hi .

The last time I checked in here there was a buy once
model wich I understood and liked ,now it's a subscription model and I do not understand how this works ,can someone please explain how this works.

must I pay every month/year to keep using the engine?

if I made a project and want to sell it ,do I need to keep paying every month/year as long as I am selling ?

wich one grants me the rights to sell ?

when I pay for a month only ,and that month passes by ,am I still allowed to sell my work ? am I still allowed to use the engine ?

sadly, I am very confused ,I was really looking forward
to buying once only ,now not understanding the new model I do not know if I would like it ..

oh and edited to add .. what does the source licence grant me rights to ,like am I allowed to change anything or is that only readable source .
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 09:52 AM by compulsive compiler.)
10-21-2014 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: subscription model ,how does it work ?
Hi, To summarize, when your subscription ends, you go back to a demo version; that version can't publish, so you can't sell with it; but you can sell previous work you published when you had the licence (might want to double check that, but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes).

I think the source version lets you edit also, but I wouldn't know that.
10-21-2014 03:54 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

The license details are included in Esenthel Store:
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store

Quote:hi .

The last time I checked in here there was a buy once
model wich I understood and liked ,now it's a subscription model and I do not understand how this works ,can someone please explain how this works.

must I pay every month/year to keep using the engine?
yes

Quote:if I made a project and want to sell it ,do I need to keep paying every month/year as long as I am selling ?
no

Quote:wich one grants me the rights to sell ?
All of the subscription licenses allow you to sell your games
Quote:when I pay for a month only ,and that month passes by ,am I still allowed to sell my work ?
yes

Quote: am I still allowed to use the engine ?
no

Quote:oh and edited to add .. what does the source licence grant me rights to ,like am I allowed to change anything or is that only readable source .
You can change the source.
10-21-2014 10:55 PM
compulsive compiler Offline

thank you esenthel ,this clears up a lot for me , there are benefits to the new model I did not understand .

thank you for the link , so basically if I am able to finish my project in say less than a year ,that means
I can buy the licence for less than the previous
price model , I am really glad I do not have to pay
as long as my game is out on the market ,that one is
a big relief .

coming from the demo version ,if the game is not all that specific to the restrictions that a licence unlocks for you ,it would be relatively low cost to get the licence ,however this does mean development would
have to be efficient and effective if you not want
to waste money ,because time is money with this model .

the up side of this seems to be the price to time ratio ,however I think less indie developers would stick around ,team development would rain success with this model .

That's only my opinion .
10-22-2014 09:44 AM