About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
309$/mo

Code Editor Bookmarking
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Code Editor Bookmarking
I've been hesitant to post this for months now, but I feel that I really should at least mention. I'm hoping that maybe a floating bar listing bookmarks can be made available so that one can quickly jump from one code section to another rapidly, and between code files. I looked at the Editor Interface to see if code line numbers are exposed but did not find anything, otherwise, I could implement one easily. I started looking at the source, but then I thought this may be beneficial to more than myself, so I'd like to request this functionality and be made available as part of the platform.
11-10-2014 04:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Code Editor Bookmarking
Thank you for your feature request, I've added it to the roadmap.

I'd like to encourage all Source Licensees to participate in adding new features to the engine/editor, and submitting patches to the GitHub page.
If they would meet quality standards I'm of course keen on merging them into the main branch smile
11-10-2014 07:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

RE: Code Editor Bookmarking
I've a suggestion.

To provide incentive to users that have source access to actively participate and contribute code back to the source, maybe certain "credits" can be applied per approved submission that will provide a discount towards the contributor's source subscription cost. The amount of credit applied will be up to Esenthel based on the value he feels the contribution is worth, and ultimately what each credit means to the reduction of the subscription cost of the contributor. As an example system, 1 credit means $1, and the contributor could accumulate up to 50% discount to his subscription, meaning the total credits he can acquire is no more than 50% of the source subscription cost; the contributor, once he reached that amount of credits, can still continue to submit to source, but will no longer accrue credits until the next subscription year. That's one example, but many other creative ways are possible, but the primary reason for the credits is to provide incentive to source subscribers to submit code that may be approved for credits. Rejected submissions could potentially still get some credit if Esenthel sees some code snippets usable for him elsewhere.

Anyway, just thought I'd offer this suggestion.
11-11-2014 09:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply