About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Physic collision problem
gilbert Offline

Physic collision problem
Hi,

I created a cavern from a cylinder with all the modifier applied before exporting from blend to FBX.

I apply the physic to mesh. The physic behave OK when my character run in the cave from exterior but when I go inside the character sinks and is able to go trough the wall back outside.

I thought it was my mesh so I tried it with a simple cylinder which I remove the ends and the physic miss behavior was the same ???

Any Idea ?

Thx
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 10:05 PM by gilbert.)
12-06-2014 10:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gilbert Offline

RE: Physic collision problem
Figured it out !

I applied the solidify modifier to the cylinder and cave made from the cylinder to give thickness thereby giving internal geometry and the physic from mesh worked.
12-06-2014 11:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgatos7 Offline

The solidify though creates some additional geometry that you can avoid if you just reverse the mesh normals in order for them to point inwards so that they collide from the inside.

If you need collision from outside also (i doubt you need it) then you can just copy the original mesh over so you have overlapping geometry, you reverse its normal and use it only for physics, not rendering.

Don't know though if there is a way to enable physics for both face sides by code.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2014 11:30 AM by georgatos7.)
12-07-2014 01:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gilbert Offline

Thanks I hit "W" key in blender and flip Normal and it works fine and a lot less polys.

Thanks again
12-07-2014 02:04 AM