About Store Forum Documentation Contact

I have a question about Ineisis Online?
andreamillspaugh Offline

I have a question about Ineisis Online?
I read though the documentations and is there away that I can still use Ineisis Online with out using a sql server, because I really do not know how to make that work, Iv tried and just do not understand. So that's what I was wanted to ask.grin
12-12-2014 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andreamillspaugh Offline

RE: I have a question about Ineisis Online?
Please Help Me I'm trying really hard to get this working.
I don't understand what these mean. I installed SQL Server Express edition. Just like the documentation sql part. I don't understand this part I open SQL Server Management Studio But where do I go from there. And I don't understand these parts to. And I cant find this

2.Install Internet Services (HTTP, FTP, IIS 7, IIS 6, SMTP)- -What dose this mean
◦ "Start Menu\Server Manager"-- I run windows 8.1 dose not have a start menu
◦ Right click on main "Server Manager"-- node I cant find this
◾ Select Add Roles and install "http services, ftp services, iis 7, iis 6"
◾ Select Add Features and install "smtp"
I'm running windows 8.1 so I don't know where to find server manager I looked it up on google and I just don't know what I'm looking for. Please Help Me.
I'm know good at sql Please help
12-13-2014 02:52 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

This documentation page is about configuring a Windows Dedicated Server.

For simplicity Ineisis Online codes are actually configured to use SQLite, so you don't actually need to install SQL Server Express if you don't want to.

Starting the server app, and then the client app just works.
12-13-2014 04:36 AM
andreamillspaugh Offline

Thanks for the reply, I get an error when trying to publish server and client?
Can't load pak "Bin/Data.pak" I'm I not publishing it right?

Thanks for all your help esenthel admin smile

Hi I know you have to use the Launcher and Uploader Tool, But how do you do that if I do not have a website yet or a ftp site?
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014 08:20 AM by andreamillspaugh.)
12-13-2014 08:11 AM
zeph2 Offline

(12-13-2014 02:52 AM)andreamillspaugh Wrote:  Please Help Me I'm trying really hard to get this working.
I don't understand what these mean. I installed SQL Server Express edition. Just like the documentation sql part. I don't understand this part I open SQL Server Management Studio But where do I go from there. And I don't understand these parts to. And I cant find this

2.Install Internet Services (HTTP, FTP, IIS 7, IIS 6, SMTP)- -What dose this mean
◦ "Start Menu\Server Manager"-- I run windows 8.1 dose not have a start menu
◦ Right click on main "Server Manager"-- node I cant find this
◾ Select Add Roles and install "http services, ftp services, iis 7, iis 6"
◾ Select Add Features and install "smtp"
I'm running windows 8.1 so I don't know where to find server manager I looked it up on google and I just don't know what I'm looking for. Please Help Me.
I'm know good at sql Please help

Hi.. Ive never used Win8.. But I do know 2. Install internet Services on win7 is in the programs and features.. Goto control panel, then click uninstall, there should be an option to turn on or off windows features.. I cant tell You where it is on win8 but Im sure it has something like that.. Might try google "turn on or off windows features" to find out.. Hope this helps...
12-14-2014 02:23 PM
andreamillspaugh Offline

Hi, is there away to be able to use this with out SQL software. I know I have to use Ineisis Online Launcher, I know I can not make it open it as a exe because it gives that message, but how can I set it up with out sql, please is there another why? and I cant use the uploader because I do not have a website yet, is there some why to trick it some how?
12-15-2014 02:30 AM
A_Gris Offline

hello,

here the thing if you want to use the game without a external server its totally fine;
you only need SQLite ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ )

you dont need an external server
you dont need the launcher ( its for external server; to get the client updated with last version of the game so it can match the server ones)
you dont need to configure the uploader ( its only for external server )
you dont need to configure much SQL ( same, only for external server )

if there's an error; you should try to make sure you have the latest version of the engine, and the last version of inesis ( when you open the project in EE, there should be a pop-up saying that you can download the new version )

build the server, the client, run the server ( .exe in the _build_/inesis server ) then run the client, and you should be good to go ( nothing to change in SQLite, inesis should take care of all the db for you )

hope it helps !

A_Gris
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2014 02:43 AM by A_Gris.)
12-16-2014 02:30 AM
andreamillspaugh Offline

Hi, I did what you said and when I try to run the client I get this error.
Can't load Shader "Behind" can you tell me what I did wrong, Thanks
12-19-2014 08:09 AM
andreamillspaugh Offline

Hi, sorry I got it working, I just had to reinstall everything but it works, Know I just have one more question. Where do I edit to make me a administrator, its not in the documents. Thanks
12-19-2014 09:21 AM
A_Gris Offline

[EDIT after checking more in detail about it]
Hello,

you need to go into the SQL browser, open the Account Database ( that is in Build/Inesis Server/Storage ), then go under Browse Data; 3rd collunm is the Type ( its the type of the account );

0 is use for Admin; 1 is use for account that have "Bonus" it means they doesnt need to pay ever; 2 is for normal account, and 3 is for banned account ( anything higher than 3, will not be use, and so be a normal account )

Set your Account to 0 by double clicking on the data; and editing it by hand to 0; dont forget to save your data (ctrl + s) and log in with your account =)

that should do it

note that i dont believe that there's a special GUI for admin in the basic inesis, it would be up to you to code this

Hope it helps !

A_Gris
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 09:25 PM by A_Gris.)
12-20-2014 02:43 AM
andreamillspaugh Offline

Hi, thanks very much for your help, thank you aging, everything is working good now smile
12-21-2014 12:34 AM
Prodigy Offline

(12-13-2014 08:11 AM)andreamillspaugh Wrote:  Thanks for the reply, I get an error when trying to publish server and client?
Can't load pak "Bin/Data.pak" I'm I not publishing it right?

Thanks for all your help esenthel admin smile

Hi I know you have to use the Launcher and Uploader Tool, But how do you do that if I do not have a website yet or a ftp site?

How do you able to fix "Can't load pak "Bin/Data.pak"" ?.
12-31-2014 08:45 AM
andreamillspaugh Offline

I just changed the name in the source to data.pak and then changed the name in the build or publish folder to data.pak smile
01-01-2015 08:58 PM
Prodigy Offline

Which source is it? Inesis Client\Main ? Were you able to publish into 64 bit and successfully run Inesis Online launcher ?, if you have some time, i have some question in here http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...8#pid50078 .
01-01-2015 10:12 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(12-31-2014 08:45 AM)Prodigy Wrote:  How do you able to fix "Can't load pak "Bin/Data.pak"" ?.
Hello,

It will work if you will follow the upload instructions:
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=doc#Ineisis/Uploading_Files

1. upload files
2. use "Ineisis Online" launcher to download the files, and it will create the "Data.pak"
01-02-2015 08:10 AM