About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My Interactive PlayRoom
3DRaddict Offline

RE: My Interactive PlayRoom
I'm a little confused how to set the display so that everybody using my app sees the same 800x600 window that I see, with all text fitting nicely.
I have not set any resolutions in the InitPre() section of my apps, because I never saw them set up in any of the EE tutorial samples, and these samples run in a 800x600 window. (is this a default?)

On my development system, I've just now done a D.resW/D.resH and get 800/538,
and D.screenW/D.screenH gives me 1360/746

So, para, what corrections to my code should I make so that my puzzle app runs on your system in a default 800x600 window, with all text fitting?
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 06:30 PM by 3DRaddict.)
03-07-2015 05:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
para Offline

Weird.. I'm a little confused also, the only difference I see is that your screens posted here are of size 806x566 and I get them in 816x638 (800x600 + window decor).

Anyway, you can use D.mode() in InitPre() to set the resolution..
03-07-2015 05:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

If I set D.mode(800,600) then I get the same as you, with text going off screen.
If I do not set any mode, all fits nicely...huh?
It seems to me that I will have to adjust my text positioning, depending on the user's screen resolution?
03-07-2015 06:29 PM
georgatos7 Offline

Y i was having the same problem with para about the text. Don't know how i failed to report it even though i had it in mind...
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 08:31 PM by georgatos7.)
03-07-2015 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

Ok, I've now explicitly set the Display mode to 800x600 and adjusted text positioning and text size. All appears ok on my system.
[Image: MultiPuzzle2.jpg]

I've also applied the changes to the uploaded app, so if you could kindly download it again and check if ok from your side.smile

What I fail to understand is that all the apps that I've ever put on this forum to date must have had that same problem, and nobody ever remarked on it (except you, para). They'll just have to remain that way for now.
03-07-2015 10:11 PM
georgatos7 Offline

Y text is ok now, same layout as in the pic.
Also i can confirm by viewing from the window that the bodybuilding guy from now on can be considered mia and all the booze is in place and intact, not for long though as the "unlock door" functionality will hopefully soon be implemented.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 02:14 AM by georgatos7.)
03-08-2015 02:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

lol
03-08-2015 11:57 AM