About Store Forum Documentation Contact

updater
1991mirec Offline

updater
hello everyone

getting kind stuck here
whenever we upload (using uploader tool) our game to the server and then we are downloading it from the server we get the error can t download file name try again. now i know it stops on condition downloaded.success which says
file downloaded successfully, if this is equal to false it means that the file was not found or it was different than expected

so this equals to false and then it s different then expected but how come. i used uploader tool to upload it so it should upload everything thats needed and it should take care of everything and when downloading it should find it there and download.. so why am i getting this error??

and another interesting thing is that uploader puts infront of each file f- and infront of each folder d- and the file that can t be downloaded is the file without it which isn t even inside of the uploaded things but it downloads lot of different of them. so how come that they get to be downloaded and some particular don t and where they even come from???

thank you
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2015 07:16 PM by 1991mirec.)
02-21-2015 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: updater
Hello,

1. You need to make sure you're using the same Secure keys as the ones you've specified in the Uploader tool.
2. Sometimes the download can fail just because the connection got interrupted, so just restart it again.
3. If continuously fails, it can mean that the server is transporting a different file, which got converted through the network when bouncing between different network hosts/servers/points. Yes this is possible.
If you're using a new version of the engine then it will also upload a ".htaccess" file that should prevent this from happening.
4. Some file extensions get blocked on the servers, try using latest engine version which does some workarounds for that.
5. Or maybe there's something wrong with your host.
02-22-2015 10:36 PM
1991mirec Offline

thank you
i fixed it.. i found the workaround for it now it works everything is fine.. just one interesting thing that still bugs me.. for some reason it doesn t close out from the task manager... i ve added procClose function when exiting to close the the exe and it worked on my computer but it didn t on other.. why s that??
02-26-2015 09:01 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Process closing is a system function, so it depends on the system.
You could trying Exit instead.

I recommend upgrading to latest engine version.
I recall the closing parts were related to an old version of Oculus SDK. There's a chance that with the latest updates (currently on source, binary available soon) the problem will go away. Anyway the new engine version has a flag to disable Oculus SDK usage altogether.
02-26-2015 11:36 PM
1991mirec Offline

ok it s all nice and everything and we probably will go to the latest after we get something done with one we already purchased.. but thank you for the offer...
i will find some workaround for that... i try exit.. does procclose and prockill do basicly same thing except one returns true or falls based on if it closes or not??

thanks for the answers..
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 05:03 PM by 1991mirec.)
02-27-2015 12:04 PM