About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Bones so small they are dots
Smoozilla Offline

Bones so small they are dots
I have exported a rigged model with out an animations, simply as a ragdoll test. Each and every time I import my model the bones are perfect except the scale of each one is so small it's a dot on the screen. How do I keep the bone scale when importing? I'm aware I can scale each bone up, but that takes way too much time, and doesn't last if I edit the model (which I plan to do alot of) and re-import it. I've tried every possible export of blender. I've tried brand new simple tests, it's always like this.

I'm using FBX format exported from Blender.

Thank you!

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 07:16 PM by Smoozilla.)
04-10-2015 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RedcrowProd Offline

RE: Bones so small they are dots
i heard blender might cause some issue with latest exporting settings, try using an old one it might help
04-10-2015 09:22 PM
Smoozilla Offline

Well an older version of blender did make a difference with the bones. But the texture doesn't export correctly. Is there a way to auto-scale the bones via code maybe?
04-11-2015 07:53 AM
SamNainocard Offline

Try exported with FBX 6.1 ASCII instead of binary, use 2.73a if possible as older version may have problem like twisted mesh. (tried with 2.69)

You may also want to read http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=8331
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 06:19 PM by SamNainocard.)
04-12-2015 06:18 PM
Smoozilla Offline

Thanks for the guidance, I have instead started using Esenthel's bone editor to copy-paste bones. I am using the 6.1 ASCII export instead and it's keeping the textures nicely :-)

Does Esenthel, when importing a model, convert it to a common format? Or is the format kept, and stored in the pak?

For example, ASCII tend to be larger than Binary format FBX in my experience. When importing (drag-drop) into Esenthel, is it being kept as ASCII or does Esenthel convert to a common format?

Thank you.
04-14-2015 09:19 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

During importing process, Esenthel optimizes/processes your data for smallest size and best performance, so it doesn't matter if you use ascii/binary source formats.
04-14-2015 09:21 PM
Smoozilla Offline

Thank you all very much for the help!
04-15-2015 03:47 AM