About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Animation Blending question
3DRaddict Offline

Animation Blending question
My cyclist is currently performing a pedalling action with the lower half of his body, whilst holding the handlebars in a straight position. I need him to also, on command, turn the handle bars either left or right. Please could anyone enlighten me how I might accomplish this if I have a left/right turn animation for the upper part of his body? I must not lose synch with the pedalling action whilst twisting the handlebars left/right.
05-21-2015 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Animation Blending question
You could ensure all key frames are removed for bones from the waist down in your turning animation and apply that animation after the initial cycle animation. This will leave the leg motion unchanged.

Otherwise you can look at disabling bones for animation or look at using the animate parent or children procedures.
05-21-2015 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

Thanks, Pixel.

I'm trying to delete keyframes for certain bones using the Animation Editor, but again I'm stuck through lack of adequate documentation explaining how to use the Animation Editor. I'm attempting to use the command 'Delete Keyframe' on a keyframe of the selected bone, as shown below:

[Image: keyframedeletion.jpg]

However, nothing happens...

If only Esenthel had instructions for these type of Editor operations, it would save one whole lot of time and bother!
05-21-2015 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

I can't really help you with that as I use Fragmotion for all my Animation tweaking. I've never tried the internal animation tools! I agree though, some basic operational instructions would cut down on the learning curves .. these tend to be large enough as it is!

I'm sure someone will advise though.
05-21-2015 04:29 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(05-21-2015 03:57 PM)3DRaddict Wrote:  Thanks, Pixel.

I'm trying to delete keyframes for certain bones using the Animation Editor, but again I'm stuck through lack of adequate documentation explaining how to use the Animation Editor. I'm attempting to use the command 'Delete Keyframe' on a keyframe of the selected bone, as shown below:
Hi,

You need to select the mode for which to delete the keyframe, please select the button with the arrow first (F1 key).
05-21-2015 10:09 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Just commited this to the source, along with other neat improvements:
Quote:-deleting keys in the animation editor will now delete keys of all modes (orientation, position, scale) when no mode is selected
05-21-2015 10:24 PM