About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Mixamo's Model gone free
SamNainocard Offline

Mixamo's Model gone free
https://www.mixamo.com/store/#/search?pa...=Character

Mixamo just recently joined Adobe, so they're giving free model to all free account for a limited time, possibly new account too, it contains humanoid character, horse and dragon, they are all rigged and quality.

They also offer free 10 non-FUSE auto-rigs, 20 free animations, and FUSE Character Creator too.
https://www.mixamo.com/pricing
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 07:17 AM by SamNainocard.)
06-02-2015 07:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Mixamo's Model gone free
Thanks for sharing, this is useful smile
06-02-2015 09:18 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Somewhat annoying as I only recently bought the FUSE software in a steam sale. But great news for anyone who doesn't have this yet.

However I now have an independent rigging and animation pipeline up and running that enables me to take models I create in FUSE, export to .obj, auto rig and animate them without having to use their skeleton and costly animations. It works with their free rigged characters too, or any other sourced models. I just remove their existing skeleton.

I can retarget any bvh animations to the final rigged models and subsequently import them into Esenthel.
06-06-2015 11:38 AM
para Offline

(06-06-2015 11:38 AM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  However I now have an independent rigging and animation pipeline up and running that enables me to take models I create in FUSE, export to .obj, auto rig and animate them without having to use their skeleton and costly animations. It works with their free rigged characters too, or any other sourced models. I just remove their existing skeleton.

I can retarget any bvh animations to the final rigged models and subsequently import them into Esenthel.

Care to go into more detail about the pipeline? Is auto-rig and animation retargeting also done with FUSE?
07-29-2015 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

(07-29-2015 10:18 AM)para Wrote:  Care to go into more detail about the pipeline? Is auto-rig and animation retargeting also done with FUSE?

No. To be honest I've not found Fuse that useful, it's limited by a lack of clothing options imo and the cost of their animations.

I'm using an old copy of Jimmy Rig Pro to handle auto rigging and animation retargeting. It's buggy as he'll but I've managed to work around most of them. They are working on a new web based version although it's still in its early stages. I believe this is destined to become a subscription based service (like everything else these days).
07-30-2015 08:53 AM
para Offline

Ok. Thanks for the additional info, I'll continue to stick with makehuman then.. you get a rigged character with limited clothing options out of it, there aren't any animations, but I'm making great progress in blender with modeling/rigging/animating smile
07-30-2015 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

To be honest there is really no substitute for learning to model, rig and animate yourself. That gives you maximum flexibility whereas all other options have limitations. I wish I had time to learn more myself but I simply don't at present.
08-01-2015 07:49 AM
baccenfutter Offline

I've downloaded some models and tried to import them into EE. It fails without error. Then I tried importing them into blender. Failed as well, due to very old FBX format.
08-01-2015 01:43 PM
Zervox Offline

download them as collada .dae
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 05:22 PM by Zervox.)
08-01-2015 05:22 PM
dharya Offline

Thanks for the information.
11-27-2019 06:59 AM