About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Xenocrystalloid: The Eradications (On Steam Greenlight)
SamNainocard Offline

Xenocrystalloid: The Eradications (On Steam Greenlight)
As you can see, I never post a detail about the new game I've been working on, so I think this is a good time to show a little. Still, I'm not sure if current state is ready to, show to someone else, gameplay is not far from complete but still lack a lot of model and sound.

[Image: U3uAXzB.png]

Xenocrystalloid: The Eradications

Gameplay Video (Multiplayer):

Control Profiles:

Steam Greenlight:
[Image: BIKfbXl.png]

About The Game
Xenocrystalloid: The Eradications is a rogue-lite party-based Action-RPG where players play as a member of mercenary guild with a task to search a unknown randomly generated area and destroy a Crystal, a potential source of power that can cause a massive threat when its power become majorly imbalance. Destroying these Crystal is not simple however, it's protected by barrier which required specified procedure to dispel it. Each play through is start from zero but can be chains up for greater rewards, loot and risk, however your mercenaries will be stronger and guild point can be spent to unlock ability, perks and mod for their next search.

As a member of mercenary guild, you can bring friends or bring mercenary NPC with you, mix and match your team and travel together.

Story
In this world gourmet by Crystal, it's a source of essential element power, but also a source monster as well.
Crystal instability causes elements imbalance, the earth will barren, the trees will die, and the monster will go feral and destroying cities with much more ferocity.
With the under the support of the major factions, a group of freelance heroes are searching for the Crystal and destroy it before the instability will cause more havoc than it is already doing.

Features
  • Free Style Combat: Fight enemies dynamically with unrestricted movement while attack or using ability, whether it is melee or ranged.
  • Rogue-lite Gameplay: Each play through will start anew, randomly select predefined mini-area combined into one stage, however you can chains up winning game to build up better rewards when you decided to end current session. Each area may contains something like trader, chest as well.
  • Objective Based Gameplay: Dispelling barrier required specified procedure, including retrieval, capture, elimination etc...
  • Solo, Co-op, with AI: Setup your party with 5 additional friends or 6 additional AI mercenary with their own behavior, stats, equipment and ability. Up to 7 members combined, or you can play solo.
  • Asynchronous Drop-in-out Co-Op: Network is designed with cross-country co-op gameplay, which make a smooth co-op game play even with high latency and you can drop in-out seamlessly.
  • Multiple Customizable Character: Choose a character whose have their own class, stats and level them up. Pick your looted enchanted weapon, armor, accessory, items, and choose ability, perk, and their mod which are available to all characters to create your play style.
  • Dynamic AI And Difficulty: Harder difficulty not only increases their stats but enemy will react better and quicker, and have a few more trick to fight against you, they also have no pattern and unpredictable which create exciting reactive gameplay. Enemy stats also based on size of party in the session.
  • Lore Through Gameplay: Learn Lore and Universe through game system, items and area.

Download
Google Drive (0.78.3)

What do you think? smile
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015 04:33 PM by SamNainocard.)
08-02-2015 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Xenocrystalloid: The Eradications
Congatulations on getting the game this far, it looks like a lot of work has gone into this!

The gameplay sounds great and I really like the idea of the dynamic AI.

Due to being on vacation and the poor connection on my mobile phone I've not been able to view much of the video ... but the little I saw looked great.

Good luck with this and getting it to the point where you are happy to release it ... impressive work!
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 08:27 PM by Pixel Perfect.)
08-03-2015 08:46 AM
SamNainocard Offline

I added download link, I'll be appreciated for any sort of feedback. smile
09-21-2015 02:51 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

I've enjoyed playing this smile

Set up a party of 6 and managed to get the first barrier down and mine the crystal. Not always quite sure what I'm doing and could have done with some more help/information or a short introduction/tutorial. I'm sure I probably just need more time playing the game wink

The combat is great, you really have got this working well.

Could do with some more sound to increase the atmosphere and feeling of immersion (especially combat sounds) and some of the dialog windows could do with a better colour scheme, found them a bit hard on the eyes. However, that said, it's probably the most accomplished game demo I've played on here! Congratulations on a great job!

Unfortunately, having teleported to a second location I got stuck in the geometry whilst fighting. I was unable to get out of this position and had to exit the game.

Screenshot of where I got stuck below:

09-23-2015 12:12 AM
SamNainocard Offline

Thank you for the feedback, I see you didn't pick an ability too. I'll put vital information or some tutorial at later time.

I think that dialog color scheme you mention must be infocard color one, I'll make it less bright.

Also, thanks for the bug screenshot, I fixed it.
smile
09-23-2015 04:33 AM
Pherael Offline

I play a little, it's look very solid and nice. I was confused a little at beginning what to do and I die quickly by massive spam of enemies smile. I will play more later, when I find the time, but as now I could tell I don't like GUI much (it's too artificial and colorful to me)
Anyway great work, and will be happy to see more in future smile I like the idea, is original and sound like fun.
09-23-2015 10:38 AM
SamNainocard Offline

Thank you, smile
By the way, can you specified about which GUI being too artifact and colorful?
09-23-2015 03:38 PM
Pherael Offline

Well, it's general impression. I think font is hard to read, and colors don't really match with each others. Hard for me to express it, because the feeling is subtle, so to speak, it's looks sci-fi but looks like cheap sci-fi. Perhaps it is just my personal feeling.
09-23-2015 06:34 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

I found the GUI hard to read too. I'm not quite sure what it is but the font seems to bright and a little blurred and the contrast between that and the background too great making it slightly uncomfortable to read.

The AI, general game play and ideas are great though, very impressive. Just needs a bit of work on the interface.

Glad you fixed the bug ... saves someone else getting stuck there too!
09-23-2015 09:11 PM
Zervox Offline

from what I can see from the screenshot atleast seems the text is not bold/rounded and lack of shadows which probably is what you are experiencing as the problem Pixel Perfect.

Otherwise this seems like it could be interesting concept.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 09:29 PM by Zervox.)
09-23-2015 09:28 PM
SamNainocard Offline

Thank you for explanation.
I'll try to experiment with TextStyle, perhaps using other color but white. Though I like the font giving crystal-ish theme feel but I might have to change font if it's too hard to read.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 03:24 AM by SamNainocard.)
09-24-2015 03:24 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Xenocrystalloid: The Eradications (On Steam Greenlight)
I was wondering how your game was progressing following being Greenlit by the Steam community when I came across this note on your development spreadsheet via a link on the Steam page:

I have been forced to enlist the military for 2 years, start 1 November 2016.

What incredibly unfortunate timing! I really hope you still manage to find some free time to work on the game and get it finished. smile
12-10-2016 11:08 AM
andreadixon825 Offline

Hello I love what you have done, I like the gui as where grate job, its a really nice game cool, smile
01-14-2017 08:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SamNainocard Offline

Ooo, I didn't check here often, didn't expect the following due to absent, but recently I do have a bit of time to work on it slowly but surely.

As for the game, things change quite a few and I didn't have time to update the pages yet.

Thank you both of you. lol
09-29-2017 11:05 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Great to see you back again and working on the game. Look forward to you posting more in the future smile
10-08-2017 04:48 PM