About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[Solved] LOD's distance
rstralberg Offline

[Solved] LOD's distance
I can't get LOD's to work and need a lesson that smile

I have added a second LOD 1 to my mesh in the object editor. There is a 'Distance 1" note there.

How do you tell what the distance is or how do things work. When I run the game I always get the LOD 1 version no matter how near I go.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2015 12:14 PM by rstralberg.)
10-16-2015 11:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: LOD's distance
Hi Roland. In the version 2 editor when you select (highlight) any LOD box other than LOD0 it presents a Distance edit box at the bottom of the screen which allows you to set your preferred distance. I assume there must be something similar in the latest editor.
10-16-2015 11:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rstralberg Offline

Have turned off the PC and is in bed now but I will double check tomorrow as I could not find any way to set the distance. Thanks
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 11:44 PM by rstralberg.)
10-16-2015 11:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

Hello hello,

First of all: A distance of 1 is nearly nothing. If you click on 1 of the LODs a button (Edit Distance) will appear at the bottom of the screen. If you enable this, the camera will move to the distance that you set. This is just so you can easily check if you like the distance and if you notice any popping.

Also, in case you are curious. the distance is the distance from the player character until the center of the object (in Esenthel units).
10-17-2015 07:24 AM
RedcrowProd Offline

is it from the player character or the camera ?
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2015 07:35 AM by RedcrowProd.)
10-17-2015 07:35 AM
Tottel Offline

(10-17-2015 07:35 AM)RedcrowProd Wrote:  is it from the player character or the camera ?

Woops, sorry. Camera of course! smile
10-17-2015 08:01 AM
rstralberg Offline

Hahaha... Thank's guys. grin

I must have been really tired as I managed to miss the big "EDIT DISTANCE" at the
bottom of the screen. What a looser I am ... hahaha.

Yes of course that works perfectly.
10-17-2015 12:13 PM