About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Animation Editor
LDA Offline

Animation Editor
I'm trying to make a door rotate... But I have some trouble to do it.
I select my bone, select the "Set target Orientation Keyframes" tool, and use Alt+RightClick to rotate.

But the bone rotation isn't displayed in real time, it seems. I can't see my door rotate around my bone. When I hit "play animation", I see a result of rotation... I can correct afterwards the animation by small mouse movements, and "play" just after until having the expected result... But it is not really comfortable.

Am I doing something wrong to perform such a rotation ? Be cause when I use the other tool, or when I'm not holding "alt" pressed, I can see my object moving in real time.
10-19-2015 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Animation Editor Axis origin move
Hi,

Perhaps you're operating on last or first keyframe located (at start/end) of the animation, and the animation has looping enabled?
Please disable looping.

I'll update the Editor so it will work either way, however I still recommend disabling looping for that kind of animations.

This change is now available in the source (main branch).
10-19-2015 11:05 PM
LDA Offline

RE: Animation Editor
Perfect guess, Greg.
I'm disabling looping right away.

Is there an animation tutorial somewhere ?
10-20-2015 09:40 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Sorry there's no animation editor tutorial, if you need help please just write here.

To disable looping, just click on the loop checkbox, when editing mode is disabled for the animation.
10-20-2015 07:39 PM
LDA Offline

So far for such simple joint hierarchy it's okay, no problem, I was just checking wink
If need something I'll ask... And eventually I'll try to write a small tuto if I think it could help somebody else
10-20-2015 08:59 PM