About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel won't start/end process
Mitovo Offline

Esenthel won't start/end process
Hello,

I just subbed to Esenthel earlier today, having used it in the past. Decided to throw some support the developers' way to help, for what it's worth.

However, I'm running into a a problem I hadn't run into before.

Basically, no matter which of the executables I click on, nothing happens. However, instances of Esenthel shows up in the Process tab of my task manager, and clicking on End Process won't shut them down. They're basically stuck, unless I reboot my computer.

Further, the explorer window displaying the Esenthel program folder (with all the executables) can't be closed or minimized, either. That spinning "working" circle shows up every time I mouse-over it. So, looks like it's interfering with Windows somehow?

Now, before I start digging into more advanced solutions, I'm curious if this is a known issue, and/or if there's an easy way to remedy this?

Otherwise, what information would be helpful in solving it?

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 11:17 PM by Mitovo.)
11-28-2015 11:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Esenthel won't start/end process
Hi,

Are you running this on Windows?
Maybe it's an anti-virus problem? You could try temporarily disable any anti-virus.
I've never heard of a similar problem.
11-29-2015 04:15 AM
Mitovo Offline

RE: Esenthel won't start/end process
You, sir, are a genius.

That's what it was, and I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I added an exception for that folder and voila. Although, it's weird that it didn't do that the last time I downloaded and ran it.

Odd.. Anyway, not going to question it lol.

Thanks again!
11-29-2015 05:42 AM