About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[Solved] In-Place checkbox in Animation Editor
rstralberg Offline

[Solved] In-Place checkbox in Animation Editor
It would be great to have a check-box for removing root-movement of imported animations.
I have a bunch of Mixamo-Animations which (as most of them are) moves the player forward while animating 'walk' as an example. The preferred way of animations is 'animate in place' ... the player walks without moving. Would it be possible to have a check-box telling that the animation should be treated as an 'in-place' animation no matter what the imported animations says. Guess its a matter of disabling x and z movement of the root-bone
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2016 10:26 AM by rstralberg.)
07-14-2016 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: In-Place checkbox in Animation Editor
Hi,
There's an option called something like "remove animation movement" at the top in the menu of the animation editor
07-15-2016 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rstralberg Offline

RE: In-Place checkbox in Animation Editor
Haha... Now I'm ashamed. HOW could I miss that smile

Thanks
07-15-2016 10:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: [Solved] In-Place checkbox in Animation Editor
I also want to add that Mixamo, atleast when I last tested it a year ago also has the option to export as in-place animation, of course you probably do not want to reexport all your assets, but for future assets it's a good to know thing. smile
07-15-2016 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rstralberg Offline

RE: [Solved] In-Place checkbox in Animation Editor
Yep. I have seen that. Good to know.
07-15-2016 12:34 PM