243$/mo

May 2017 update issues
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

May 2017 update issues
Hi Greg,

I am getting this on Windows 64 DX11:
Code:
ARM\Release Universal DX11\Undo.obj: fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'ARM'

I've performed a clean but will still not build.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

When compiling in Windows All (Debug), I get the following:
Code:
c1xx:  error C3859: virtual memory range for PCH exceeded, please recompile with a command line option of '-Zm147' or greater
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2017 03:07 PM by aceio76.)
05-24-2017 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: May 2017 update issues
Hi,

Quote:I am getting this on Windows 64 DX11:
Can you let me know exact steps to reproduce this problem?
Is it Esenthel Builder or building an app from EE Editor?
I've tried both but I don't have this problem, and 64 DX11 doesn't use ARM, so your error is confusing for me.

Can you try updating your Visual Studio to latest version?
Mine is:
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017
Version 15.2 (26430.6) Release

Also, if you've made any changes to Esenthel Source code or project files, there's always a possibility there was an error with merging the changes with Git or manually.
Please try building unmodified Esenthel Source code, from some another location on your disk, without any manual changes.

Quote:When compiling in Windows All (Debug), I get the following:
Thank you for reporting the problem, I've just applied the necessary fix:
https://github.com/Esenthel/EsenthelEngi...9cb3009be9
05-24-2017 10:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

(05-24-2017 10:38 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  Can you let me know exact steps to reproduce this problem?

So after syncing up with your changes to the engine, I merge my version of the engine and editor. I typically have to fix some conflicts before I can proceed with the merge, and I've done that successfully a number of times before. Once everything is merged, I simply run the Esenthel Builder, and I encounter this error. I've also tried opening the sln directly and manually compiling the engine and editor and I get the same issue.

In researching this, one thing mentioned is that I may be missing some components, so I will try that and let you know. I have the same version of VS2017 like yours.

Here is the link that talks about potential solutions to Linker Tools Error LNK1112:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/err...or-lnk1112

I'll let know how if I was able to resolve it, or otherwise.

Thanks,
05-24-2017 11:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Can you first try downloading the Esenthel from GitHub to a separate location, and compiling it from there?
I'm suspecting the problem could be related to merging your own changes.
Perhaps the Esenthel Engine project files got messed up in the process.
05-25-2017 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Thanks for the assist, Greg!

So, it's a combination of adding some c++ modules within VS2017 and going to the project and cleaning every ARM platform configuration (ie. ARM | Release DX11, ARM | Release GL,...) and that got me through. I also realized that I needed to update my Android NDK and SDK which was discovered later with a different set of errors.

All my merged updates are intact as expected.

Thanks again.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2017 04:28 AM by aceio76.)
05-25-2017 04:27 AM