About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Compiling warning?
SomeT Offline

Compiling warning?
Everytime I compile something in Estenthel IDE, I get the warning as per attached image.

Is this anything to worry about? How can I get rid of the warning?

[Image: GTti3Tm.png]

In text form:

EsenthelEngine32DX11.lin(SWSolveConstraints.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc140.pdb' was not found with 'EsenthelEngine32DX11.lib(SwSolveConstraints.obj)' or at 'D:\Esenthel\Projects\ Build \1 - Basic App\vc140.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]

additionally, I am using only visual studio 2017 on my system.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017 04:32 PM by SomeT.)
11-13-2017 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Compiling warning?
Hi,
Thanks for letting me know, I'll upload the fix later today, once it's ready, please let me know if the warning is gone.
11-13-2017 09:20 PM
SomeT Offline

Now even worse after latest update it gives the following output when trying to compile:

even tried to delete everything in _Build_ folder:

https://paste.ee/p/d6IWT

Also see post: http://www.esenthel.com/forum/showthread...5#pid55345 may as well merge posts now if possible.

Everything was working fine before last two most recent updates.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017 02:43 AM by SomeT.)
11-14-2017 01:58 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

What Visual Studio version are you using?
I think you might have to upgrade to VS 2017 if you're on 2015.
If you're already using 2017, I recommend the preview -
https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/preview/

I had to recompile the Engine using VS 2017 preview, because the normal version has a bug in compiler.
11-14-2017 03:28 AM
Pherael Offline

I have the same errors, and I'm using vs 2017 (but not preview). Errors show up in both 32bit and 64bit version in all project (in tutorial too). After yesterday uptdate everything worked fine but after totay update things stop working.
11-14-2017 09:36 AM
SomeT Offline

Is there any way around this without installing the preview? I have a lot of stuff that relies on the current ‘release’ version of visual studio 2017, also I have a small main drive for programs, I can’t afford to buy source version to compile myself and I bet this would create new problems for me anyway.
11-14-2017 10:59 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks for letting me know that regular VS 2017 has linker issues too.
However I don't see a solution for this, because when PhysX is compiled with VS 2017 then it makes the app crash. So the Preview is needed.

Ideas:
-Having source license you could configure to use Bullet engine instead.
-You could have 2 Visual Studio installed together (regular+preview) but you need bigger HDD for that
-You could try to manually implement the missing ___libm_sse2_sincosf_ function, however I have no idea how its declaration looks like, I only know that it's about calculating cos and sin for the same angle.
11-14-2017 11:36 AM
SomeT Offline

I don't know what bullet engine is. It seems its ok to install preview and make it work with existing installation of vs studio 2017 so I will do this later. However can I just confirm vs studio what it needs installed esenthel auto sets this up anyway right?
11-14-2017 04:59 PM
RedcrowProd Offline

Vs 2015 and vs 17 15.5 works fine for me you can press f9 in the editor to set the path to the vs version you want
Bullet is the open-source physics engine and is a rival to physx but you need source i believe to use it ?
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017 06:36 PM by RedcrowProd.)
11-14-2017 06:34 PM
Zervox Offline

VS2017 15.4 seems to have been causing alot of issues with Windows 10 Creators Update as well(it will crash for some when trying to launch VS and some just simply gets crashes trying to open solutions) so Microsoft seems to really have butchered it's updates in this regard. hoping the final 15.5 version will fix this problem as well.
11-14-2017 06:35 PM
SomeT Offline

15.4.4 just released today in visual studio community 2017, Esenthel can you try and build it for this please as it will save me on space if that even works that is...? Also I know there a lot of updates for windows 10 today as well. I will install this update before preview and try regardless anyway and report back.
11-14-2017 07:22 PM
SomeT Offline

Does not seem as though any of those updates fixed it, going onto to installing the preview now.
11-14-2017 08:31 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The bug is mentioned here:
https://developercommunity.visualstudio....r-bug.html
And from the comments it looks like it's fixed only in VS 2017 15.5.
11-14-2017 08:32 PM
SomeT Offline

Ok, so I installed preview version, 15.5.0 Preview 4.0, all with latest update to window 10, along side latest normal visual studio 2017, I then set the directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Preview\Community in editor options (but not before installing win xp c++ tools in visual studio preview) I get the following error still:

stdafx.cpp
Commands.cpp
Main.cpp
Auto.cpp
Generating Code...
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(Math.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincos_ referenced in function "void __cdecl EE::CosSin(double &,double &,double)" (?CosSin@EE@@YAXAEAN0N@Z) [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(GuContactPolygonPolygon.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(DyArticulationHelper.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(ConvexHullUtils.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(CmVisualization.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(PsMathUtils.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(ScConstraintSim.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(PxsCCD.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(DyDynamics.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(CmRenderOutput.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(Math.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(InflationConvexHullLib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(Import MS3D.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(Effects 2D.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __libm_sse2_sincosf_ [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]
D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\1 - Basic App.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals [D:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]

The weird thing is when I open in visual studio preview, the project compiles, inside the esenthel editor it does not and also visual studio 2017 community normal edition it does not. Could it be something to do with my environment variables because I installed them side by side? The fact I have done this should not matter, preview is designed to be installed side by side.

Update: I tried to reinstall esenthel but it still does not work, still the same error. I am setting my visual studio as directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Preview\Community in the settings also I have visual studio installed at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community

Neither directory works in esenthel giving the same error.

Maybe the fact Esenthel only auto detects my non preview installation might be something to do with this? or am I pointing to the wrong directory? Could it be I need to change settings in visual studio community 2017 preview edition?

Also I have project export paths set to: Absolute, is this correct?
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017 10:25 PM by SomeT.)
11-14-2017 10:02 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,
Internally Esenthel tries to use msbuild for compilation.
I think msbuild is choosing the old vs installation in your case.
It would definitely work if you had only the preview installed. I'll see if msbuild has any option to select which vs installation should be installed.
11-14-2017 10:54 PM