About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Compiling code?
johanz Offline

Compiling code?
How do I get code in visual c++. Documentation doesnt tell how to get code into vc and then compile it(I know how to compile) but no idea how to get actual code inside it.
01-20-2009 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: Compiling code?
inside the "Tutorials" folder you've got a readme file, which describes the basics of compiling.
launch the default Visual Studio Solution by double clicking the "Tutorials.sln" in "Tutorials" folder
then hit F5 to compile and run the project (remember that you need to have engine installed properly as in the documentation\installation guide)
01-20-2009 03:21 PM
ServeTheHive Offline

Well, I didnt think it was worth opening up a new topic to ask my question, so here i go.

for some reason when i try to compile the code for the first tutorial, it errors with "1>e:\esenthel\esenthelenginesdk\esenthelenginesdk\tutorials\stdafx.h(2) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'EsenthelEngine.h': No such file or directory" and yet i can see EsenthelEngine.h in the solution explorer. any ideas?
01-27-2009 06:00 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

a header file being present in the solution explorer makes no difference (only CPP are taken into account)
you need to put the header file into the visual studio\vc\include directory
please check carefully "Installation" topic in the documentation (english.chm file)
01-27-2009 11:16 AM
afecelis Offline

From the chm help file:
Headers and Lib

Quote:Please copy folder "EsenthelEngineSDK\Installation\EsenthelEngine" to "Microsoft Visual Studio\VC\include"
Please copy file "EsenthelEngineSDK\Installation\EsenthelEngine.lib" to "Microsoft Visual Studio\VC\lib"

Visual Studio Keywords

Please copy file "EsenthelEngineSDK\Installation\usertype.dat" to "Microsoft Visual Studio\Common7\IDE"
01-27-2009 02:28 PM