About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Git versioning
Houge Offline

Git versioning
Hi,

Can you please tag every source release with git tags (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Basics-Tagging )?
like 2020.03 is first March release and 2020.03.1, 2020.3.2 etc are March following releases.

I am not always using latest GitHub version (for development teams it's the same) and it is hard to use the same version across devices (like windows + Linux) when you are behind, because you don't know which commit hash was the actual release.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020 03:11 PM by Houge.)
03-16-2020 03:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Git versioning
Sorry I don't think I'll be able to do that.
Why not just write down the commit hash version when you're upgrading to a newer version, and use that for other devices?
03-17-2020 03:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Houge Offline

Ah, unlucky.
That's exactly what I'm doing now.
03-17-2020 03:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

Speaking of Git I have one minor request - will it be possible to add more detailed commit descriptions rather than simple 'ok'? It would be easier to understand what exactly was changed/added/fixed in particular commit.
03-17-2020 12:24 PM
Brouilles Offline

I'm agree with Harry!
06-18-2020 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply