About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Camera Basics ??
BlackBurn Offline

Camera Basics ??
Hello Guys,

I have a very basic query on the Camera Angles, basically I would like to control the camera rotation with respect to the target lookat point or may be a camera object centre point which can be positioned to the lookat point.
Have any of you guys tried to handle the camera in this way? Well i know its possible as from the tuts, the default camera with movement with mouse on a single object at the centre moves in the very same method. I would like to override this mechanism by, may be restricting in certain angles/predefined cinematice move etc. Please help on the Camera Handling Mechanism.

I am attaching an image, if it isn't clear from my wordings above. Hope you guys understand my point.
[Image: cameralookatpointrotati.jpg]

Thanks
Regards
Blackburn
09-06-2009 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlackBurn Offline

Re: Camera Basics ??
Since no one is answering to this query, I am taking it a confirmation that camera object doesn't have a center point/lookat point and hence we need to workout ourselves a mechanism ( the pure old style ) on how to make a camera to lookat a point needed.

Pretty weird why no one is answering? this is not what I have heard of Esenthel Support.
09-07-2009 02:07 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

please check the Camera header file, you have lots of methods to set your camera, and you have also lot of members, like angles and look at position and the camera object matrix.
09-07-2009 02:14 PM
BlackBurn Offline

Hello, thanks for the pointer to the issue, I got confused with the at variable for the camera
Cam.at = Vec(0,0,0);

The following statement plus with the euler angles gave me what i want. It would have been better if you had named it as LookAt. It's just a suggestion, BTW thread closed, will come back for more questions smile.
09-07-2009 07:26 PM
Rodrigo Offline

To look at an point, you can use the setFromAt method, like this:
Code:
Cam.setFromAt(Cam.matrix.pos, Vec(0,0,0) );
Cam.updateVelocities().set();
09-09-2009 07:04 PM