About Store Forum Documentation Contact

RTS?
Persik Offline

RTS?
Is this engine good for Real Time Strategy games? should I use it?
thought...
pros and cons if I use it
01-21-2010 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: RTS?
Hi,

I'm sure you can do an RTS no problem,

the only thing you'd need to develop mostly manually is - networking (if needed), and some more complex pathfinding.

when comes to other things, I think all is ready.
01-21-2010 10:51 PM
Kaldrick Offline

How about crowd system? Esenthel doesnt work really good with many actors on screen, from what I have seen.
01-22-2010 04:12 PM
lovee Offline

My point of view, EE is running slow because there was no closure effects (HDR, SUN RAY, VOL, A LOT LIGHT, etc),Followed by the model optimization, MAP optimization.

EE provides the same effects and CRYTEK ENGINE consumption of system resources.
The key is to see the user how to balance the overall performance of the GAME APP.
01-22-2010 05:04 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:How about crowd system? Esenthel doesnt work really good with many actors on screen, from what I have seen.
That could be a case in older EE version, since january EE has brought great performance improvements due to redesigned renderer.

If you have low fps values then it just means that your models aren't optimized, you have enabled too many effects, or that just your video card is too old.

EE is currently extremely optimized, and its power is limited only by the class of your GPU.
furthermore, when DX10 support will be added, you can expect some small improvements in performance as well.
01-22-2010 05:25 PM