About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Is there a way around that bone has to have skinning information while importing inME
Aniketos Offline

Is there a way around that bone has to have skinning information while importing inME
While importing lots of animations, extra meshes like armor parts I constantly run in to the problem of skeleton not being in sink.

Even if 1 bone is missing the skinning information from lets say extra meshes (armors etc) don't work correctly anymore. Also even if 1 bone does not have a keyframe animation smoothing is all messed up between animations.

Normally what I do is add an extra polygon just flying around in space and skin all the bones to it while adding the armors. That way it fixes the issue but then you have to hide that polygon somewhere and its just tedious work overall.

To fix the smoothing issue I normally just add a keyframe via mesheditor to every single bone to fix the problem.

Anyway in short its just to much work (especially since we have shit loads of bones) to get something simple as animation smoothing and skinning information to work correctly. Is there an easy workaround for this? Maybe in some external 3d software right now i'm using 3ds max.

Or can you please just add an option to ME so while importing it would take the bones even if they are not skinned. I think that's possible because if you look at the dae files they contain bone information even if they are not skinned while exported.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
08-04-2010 10:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Is there a way around that bone has to have skinning information while importing inME
typically you need to have : base pose mesh (t-pose), and then animated mesh (custom animation)
could you send me both files so I could check it?
also please let me know which version of collada exporter are you using, colladamax or opencollada?
thanks
08-05-2010 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aniketos Offline

RE: Is there a way around that bone has to have skinning information while importing inME
I have send you the files in a pm, i'm using opencolleda.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
08-05-2010 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

You're doing it slightly different,

You should first create non-animated base mesh, in T pose, fully skinned.
http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...acter_Mesh

then create animations using the same original .max file
http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...Animations

any optional clothing (like armor in your case) shouldn't be exported as animations
but only with skinning, once you import armor, you can use menu option "skeleton\reassign vertex bone indexes to target skeleton" and select your previously saved character skeleton in T pose.
armor mesh should also be in T pose.

then you can use the armor with original skeleton and previously saved animation.
08-05-2010 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply